Mesa chassis straps - where to buy?

What's Hot
HaychHaych Frets: 5596
Does anyone know where I could get hold of some Mesa chassis straps?

They’re an odd size, about 5.3 inches hole pitch and 6 inches long. 

Boogie seem to have no parts distribution in the UK and Boogie won’t sell direct due to some sort of red tape. 

Any help greatly appreciated. 

TIA

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2569
    tFB Trader

This is the part you need

https://store.mesaboogie.com/products/chassis-strap.html

and you have to buy from one of there dealers

https://www.mesaboogie.com/support/locations.html?q=United+Kingdom&t=dealer

A number of US companies have stopped selling direct to the UK due to the changes in how VAT is collected, hopefully this will sort itself out.
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5596
    Thanks @Modulus_Amps ;;

That's the problem though, the US is refusing to ship direct to the UK and UK distributors are quoting 2022 for ANY new Boogie stuff, apparently.

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

• Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2569
    tFB Trader
    wow, thats crazy.

You could try the EU distributers/suppliers.

Other than that getting someone stateside to send them to you would be the next thing. I could probably help with that if you don't know/trust anybody on that side. I suspect that will be the most expensive way to get them, well short of jumping on a plane to fetch them yourself.

• De_BatzDe_Batz Frets: 117
    I tried to buy some Mesa knobs a few months back. Andertons did the order for me, but I gave up after a period of time waiting for them to arrive. Waiting on parts you've paid for is a ballache, especially if it's a project that just needs a finishing touch here and there.

Sadly for me, the knobs in question turn out to be the same as a Davies 1555, which have a flatted socket and don't fit anything I want to put them on... 
  • De_BatzDe_Batz Frets: 117
    BTW Mesa did allow the order from their website, but they wanted £100 shipping on £30 worth of knobs. Knobs indeed.

That was before the kicking in of the most recent changes to VAT collection, though... 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    De_Batz said:
    BTW Mesa did allow the order from their website, but they wanted £100 shipping on £30 worth of knobs. Knobs indeed.

That was before the kicking in of the most recent changes to VAT collection, though... 
    it might be worth calling them to see if they would adjust the postage charge. That’s obviously just a system thing