2 NGDs, 70s Fenders

What's Hot
kentuckyklirakentuckyklira Frets: 949
edited July 2021 in Guitar
1978 Fender Mustang

and

1979 Fender Stratocaster

both with original cases.

Don´t know why I always shyed away from the Mustangs. The pick ups have quite high output and the neck is built for speed!
Wer nicht für Freiheit sterben kann, der ist der Kette wert.
0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7069
    Both right up my Strasse - you have bought some lovely guitars recently
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Both right up my Strasse - you have bought some lovely guitars recently

Too bad you ain´t in Germany. The shop those came from still has a few pieces left. Apart from those two I checked out pretty much the same Strat as a 1977 without the original case but I had the feeling it had been worked on so I passed. They also had one like that as a hardtail with original case but it was heavy as hell and hardtail Strats aren´t exactly mine. They have a 78 hardtail strat in white that´s losing its finish and has a warped neck for 800 EUR with original case. I just don´t know a luthier who´d fix that neck for me for cheap.

Then there´s a Lead I in black with original case but I already have half a dozen Leads so.................
  • Edit:

they´re selling a 72 Tele in very good condition for 2900EUR but I can´t seem to bond with it.
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7069
    Edit:

they´re selling a 72 Tele in very good condition for 2900EUR but I can´t seem to bond with it.
    I might have to come to Germany for a weekend of beer drinking and guitar buying when the pandemic is behind us. Probably guitar buying followed by beer drinking would yield the best results 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Edit:

I might have to come to Germany for a weekend of beer drinking and guitar buying when the pandemic is behind us. Probably guitar buying followed by beer drinking would yield the best results 

The other way around might make the guitar sellers happy!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3831
    Both right up my Strasse - you have bought some lovely guitars recently

Too bad you ain´t in Germany. The shop those came from still has a few pieces left. Apart from those two I checked out pretty much the same Strat as a 1977 without the original case but I had the feeling it had been worked on so I passed. They also had one like that as a hardtail with original case but it was heavy as hell and hardtail Strats aren´t exactly mine. They have a 78 hardtail strat in white that´s losing its finish and has a warped neck for 800 EUR with original case. I just don´t know a luthier who´d fix that neck for me for cheap.

Then there´s a Lead I in black with original case but I already have half a dozen Leads so.................
    welcher Laden ist das? 
  • SPECTRUM001SPECTRUM001 Frets: 1553
    1978 Fender Mustang

and

1979 Fender Stratocaster

Don´t know why I always shyed away from the Mustangs. The pick ups have quite high output and the neck is built for speed!
    Congratulations - a great pair !

Quick question on the Mustang - the last seventies version I tried must have weighed nearly 10lbs and had quite a baseball bat of a neck - sounds like yours is a little more slinky ?!
  • 1978 Fender Mustang

and

1979 Fender Stratocaster

Congratulations - a great pair !

Quick question on the Mustang - the last seventies version I tried must have weighed nearly 10lbs and had quite a baseball bat of a neck - sounds like yours is a little more slinky ?!
    Definitely slinky. Not heavy at all.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • punchesjudypunchesjudy Frets: 1020
    I love that Mustang so much. Congrats!