NPD - Hologram Electronics Microcosm

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9526
    Just landed one of these finally… be intersting to see how it works out.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • markblackmarkblack Frets: 1591
    @Wazmeister I think you'll enjoy it, very creative pedal.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I so want one of these, very interested in your thoughts, @Wazmeister. Keep me in mind!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 455
    I shamelessly flipped mine on eBay before even using it :( but it did buy me two Chase Bliss....
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
  • Just landed one of these finally… be intersting to see how it works out.
    dibs!!
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • I have just ordered one. Life's too short.
    I have just ordered one. Life's too short.
    I’d recommend that as these are impossible to find… this one has cost a LOT of corn ! =)
    I’d recommend that as these are impossible to find… this one has cost a LOT of corn ! =)
    I ordered direct and it was £450 inc. shipping and all taxes.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

I guess it's the cost at the other end, customes etc, which is the bitch. Enjoy, guys, I'm jealous!!

I guess it's the cost at the other end, customes etc, which is the bitch. Enjoy, guys, I'm jealous!!
    Was I naive/dim in thinking that the taxes payment at checkout on Hologram's website covered all taxes?
  • From Hologram's website:

"For your convenience, import tax / duties for orders outside of the US are automatically calculated under "Sales Tax" and included in the final checkout price. Paying these fees in advance allows for faster and more convenient international delivery.

If there is no additional tax added to your order at checkout, you are likely ordering from a country from which we are unable to pay import taxes on your behalf. 

A full list of these countries can be found below:

​Australia

Brazil

Faroe Islands

India

Marshall Islands

Micronesia

New Zealand

Palau

Russia

Those listed above may be responsible for paying an import tax/duty according to their country's policies upon delivery. Please be aware of your specific country's import tax rate before ordering."

So it looks like I've nothing more to pay then, right?

From Hologram's website:

"For your convenience, import tax / duties for orders outside of the US are automatically calculated under "Sales Tax" and included in the final checkout price. Paying these fees in advance allows for faster and more convenient international delivery.

If there is no additional tax added to your order at checkout, you are likely ordering from a country from which we are unable to pay import taxes on your behalf. 

​Australia

Brazil

Faroe Islands

India

Marshall Islands

Micronesia

New Zealand

Palau

Russia

Those listed above may be responsible for paying an import tax/duty according to their country's policies upon delivery. Please be aware of your specific country's import tax rate before ordering."

No, you can pre-pay on their website IIRC

• From Hologram's website:

​Australia

Brazil

Faroe Islands

India

Marshall Islands

Micronesia

New Zealand

Palau

Russia

£450 all in is a lot better than I expected, steep but not bad. That's gonna be awesome fun, enjoy!

• I totally chickened out and asked for a refund before the order was shipped. I’m trying to do less dial tweaking and more playing FFS, this magnificent pedal is the opposite of that! Also I’ve just bought a Mercury 7  :)

The Microcosm is absolutely in my future, though. Let me know how you get on @Wazmeister I expect an excellent, well-written review  ;)
    Very very very impressive in the initial play through…
  • Exciting! I'm eager for your review.

• Very very very impressive in the initial play through…
    Still dibs. We both know it's going to happen :)
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.