PRS Custom 24 hardcase?

What's Hot
Does anyone have any recommendations for a hard-case to fit a PRS SE custom 24 that won’t break the bank?

Ive seen this one https://www.gatorcases.com/products/guitar/economy-wood-cases/gwe/prs-style-wide-body-electric-case-gwe-elec-wide/

which seems to fit the bill but are there any others worth looking at?

It’s primarily for storing the guitar at home , and doesn’t need to be mega tough, but at the same time I’d like something that offers a bit more protection than a gig bag. 

Any suggestions?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14180
    tFB Trader
    The Gator you mentioned is fine - But wondering what is going on at home whereby a gig bag is not capable of protecting the guitar - Do you live near a war zone area, or is there a high risk of earth quakes in your region - The gig bag should be fine for day to day protection - I take many guitars to various guitar shows in such bags and no issues at all - Granted I would not want to use such a bag with a van full of pa, drums, 4x12's etc, but if it is me taking, carrying and looking after the guitar, then those bags are fine
  • The Gator you mentioned is fine - But wondering what is going on at home whereby a gig bag is not capable of protecting the guitar - Do you live near a war zone area, or is there a high risk of earth quakes in your region 
    Lol no but I do have a pretty small house without any dedicated guitar storage, and 5 kids so although the gig bag will most likely be ok, it’s just a bit more peace of mind having it in a hard case. 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14180
    tFB Trader
    Funnily enough I trade in a used PRS a couple of weeks that came with one of those Gator cases and it appeared to be fine - Sold the guitar/case later 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14410
    Mine lives in a Hiscox LiteFlite Standard with the correct internal shaping.

The main problem with gigbag storage is that, if you lean the guitar against anything, the stock PRS SE machineheads get pushed out of tune. S2 locking 'heads also do this.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • BlaendulaisBlaendulais Frets: 3319
    Is any hard case up to 5 children at home? Maybe if you find one made of Adamantium
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22712
    Buy that one, line it with lead and you can replicate the experience of carrying a real PRS hard case.
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    Mines in a Hiscox. It’s brilliant. Come to think of it most of the guitars I own are in Hiscox cases.