Bad Reception

What's Hot
HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15960
Moved house recently and there are blockages in them thar hills.....wife's iphone 11 is often no worky and i expect due to all those hills

Are we stuck with that or are there fixes like boosters an' stuff?
tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2425
    A ladder?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14423
    You be wantin' one of them 5G masts in your back garden. The downside is that the rustics could turn hostile, beating a path to your door, waving their pitchforks and flaming torches.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72305
    It will be a network coverage issue, not the phone.

One of the joys of our beloved country... the rugged landscape which keeps intruders at bay, and their mobile phone signals too.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• BlaendulaisBlaendulais Frets: 3319
    Wifi calling thats what sorts me at home
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1097
    If it's reception in the house then just turn on wifi calling
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2438
    Large excavator/few sticks of dynamite?
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3654

A couple of years ago, when my son upgraded his iPhone, we gave the old one to my octogenarian mother who was made up with it (she’d been wanting one for a while, as her friend had one, but there was no way that my Dad would buy it even though he can afford it).  They live in Cheshire with not a hill in sight.

My son had no problems with reception but, to date, we have never once been able to get through to her on it once.

I’ve no idea whether the reception will be any better once she turns the bloody thing on.

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • moremore Frets: 230
    edited July 2021
    I don't have a smartphone, so my knowledge of phones is somewhat primitive. I  have a phone locked to Orange, it uses the  EE  network. I moved not that long ago and the phone  hardly worked. I bought another one from a car boot sale and put a free Giffgaff sim card in it. Gifffaff use the O2 network . Problems cured. Could it be that simple as changing your network?
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12361
    edited July 2021
    Same issue at our place, we’re in a dead spot. Go into settings- mobile data and then turn on wifi calling. Should work without problems but it does seem to depend on your provider. My phone is on Virgin and worked straight away, wife’s is on Vodafone and she needed to get it set up first via their website. 
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3683
    If you put your postcode in this site https://www.signalchecker.co.uk/ it will tell you what reception you can except with each provider 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom