This poor Charvel looks like MD Phillips set about it on a bad day

What's Hot
hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4131
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265242347027?

more scary pictures on the listing itself . It’s appalling 

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• StevepageStevepage Frets: 3044
    edited July 2021
    I’m glad he put the Slipknot sticker on it, really adds to the value. Shame it looks like a cancerous testicle
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14410
    A fair bit of work has gone into arriving at that result. Pity, because the (presumably) broken Charvel would have been worth more parted out.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1744
    Thanks @hollywoodrox the kids are now crying and will have nightmares.

That's almost on a par with the fire damaged Gibson 335 from a while back ( still have nightmares about the feet in those pictures)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22712
    If John Mayall played hair metal....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18659
    To be fair to the seller he does say "... you either like this one or its a complete WTF".
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4915
    "...you won't find another..."
    Well, at least that's some comfort.
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4131
    I’m actually doubting it was a charvel and that was just a neck plate on the back they had floating round . Surely no one would do that to a charvel ,and I’m finding it hard to see how that could be a model series charvel , 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I’m actually doubting it was a charvel and that was just a neck plate on the back they had floating round . Surely no one would do that to a charvel ,and I’m finding it hard to see how that could be a model series charvel , 
    Hmm, I don't know.  I'm no expert but it's the right kind of Floyd, and they did have the Kahler-style clamp behind the nut.  And it has the square-ended fretboard, and the 12th-fret dot spacing looks right.

• hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4131
    Philly_Q said:
    Hmm, I don't know.  I'm no expert but it's the right kind of Floyd, and they did have the Kahler-style clamp behind the nut.  And it has the square-ended fretboard, and the 12th-fret dot spacing looks right.

Omg it looks like you’re right.  It’s sheer madness ,I did notice that locking nut  but was hoping I was wrong . How could they do that ?
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    Ewwww!

I came here as I like Charvel's, but that is truly horrible. Even the neck has been ruined with that hideous headstock.

I can see what they were thinking with the headstock - I once had an idea of cutting down a Squier Strat headstock, to try to make it 4+2 like a Music Man.  But I'd have tried to get a straight-line string pull....
  • Very un-PC (and apologies) but that headstock reminds me of Jeremy Beadle
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I have an ex-HarrySeven Charvel Model neck with a headstock repair. I cannot vouch for the original break but the repair join runs from the top edge, above the B machinehead, through the hole for the G 'head and on towards the nut area. 

The headstock reshaping of the eBay example is an alternative solution to a broken off point. 

Zooming in on the headstock photograph, what's going on with those extra slots in the nut?
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33782
    That reminds me, I am due to have my prostate checked.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72241
    I could live with the headstock - it's less offensive than the original. (Sorry, that really is my opinion - I've always loathed those spiky pointed headstocks and I always will.) I would prefer it with the B tuner spaced between the D and G though, and which might have avoided splitting the wood by having the screw too close to the old hole... too late for that now.

Apart from that it just needs a new body!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • glitterjetglitterjet Frets: 69
    Defo a Made in Japan Charvel Model series, they were great guitars.  Phil Collen of DL used one on stage.   Don't forget in the early 90s you could not give them away,I have seen others with the headstock reshaped as the pointys were seen as so uncool.   Shame really.
    Be careful out there.....
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11553
    Very un-PC (and apologies) but that headstock reminds me of Jeremy Beadle

Jeremy may have had a small hand in it I guess.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    ^  Oooft! 
    In what way? :naughty: 
    In what way? :naughty: 
    In that a human being was blessed with a genetic abnormality & thus was fair game for mockery as a result.
    Fucking hilarious :-D
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom