• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9551
    markj said:
    Would it suit Fender amps?
    In my opinion - definitely.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10645
    They’re close to perfect really.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4896
    The SD1 is a great pedal.
    Somehow, I seem to have two of them.
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2873
    edited August 2021
    SD1s are great for boosting a Marshall my byoc tubescreamer is finally showing signs that it's on its way out, it's probably just the switch but I'd rather move to a Boss style switch now anyway so I'll be getting a dirt cheap SD1 soon.
  • markjmarkj Frets: 910
    What about the SD3 are they smoother?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71959
    markj said:
    What about the SD3 are they smoother?
    OD-3? Yes, smoother, and with a bit more bottom-end. But also with massively overbearing blandness, for me! I just can't find anything to actually like about them even though they don't positively sound bad - just MEH. The SD-1 has much more character and attitude.

Others may disagree...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
    I loaned one recently at a practice  - seemed quite noisy - is this normal ?
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7350
    JMP220478 said:
    no more so than any other medium gain OD - maybe the venue was giving off noise and the pedal just accentuated it, or were other pedals behaving better? 
    Red ones are better. 
  • SupportactSupportact Frets: 895
    I wouldn't say the Sd1 is particularly noisy. Not more than other overdrives, obviously more noise if you have the gain up high.
  • JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
    ... TimmyO said:
    JMP220478 said:
    no more so than any other medium gain OD - maybe the venue was giving off noise and the pedal just accentuated it, or were other pedals behaving better? 
    I'm at a different venue on wednesday n will check it out again at a decent volume  - I didnt have any other gain pedals with me ... but will try in different amp n take some other drive units to check the comparable noise levels