Joey Jordison

What's Hot
JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
Drummer of Slipknot has passed away at 46
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BezzerBezzer Frets: 583
    edited July 2021
    Horrible news, so sad. An incredible drummer and all round musician.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33782
    FUCK. no, really?
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17588
    tFB Trader
    Awful news

One of the best of all time.
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6870
    That sucks. He was a beast. 
    Decent guitarist too, he played in Murderdolls. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22737
    edited July 2021
    Gosh, that's a shock!  For a moment I thought I was looking at Music rather than Tributes, but no...  Awful news.  RIP
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26925
    Not a name I expected to see in here. Holy shit. 

Rip
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    Only 46.. absolute game changer on the drums :/
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3044
    He was untouchable in his prime. So full of energy and intensity. A shame we never got to see him perform with Slipknot again. Very sad indeed.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24199
    I remember when the debut album came out - I had it on Minidisk! I was studying in London and at the end of a really quiet day in the library I'd like to put on something loud for the journey home.

It was the drum sound that got me - wasn't the excessive bass flub that had become so common, it had real cut. One of my fellow students was a good drummer who was paying her way through law school playing in an Elvis tribute a few nights per week.

She had read about the album but hadn't heard it - we ended up walking to lectures with 1 ear piece each to both listen to it. Half-Stereo is crap :D 

• BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4774
    Absolute beast on the drums, was surprised but not surprised based on the condition he was diagnosed with. Massive shame, he will be sorely missed. RIP Joey

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• BradBrad Frets: 658
    I was always pretty indifferent to Slipknot at first, but Duality really made me pay attention on first listen. I don’t know much about them, but it always seemed he was a driving force for a band in a conceptual sense as well as musical. No doubt Slipknot deserve their place at the top table of metal.  

What a great drummer though. There’s a triplet fill at the end of ‘Left Behind’ that is simple, yet so well placed and musical. 
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4131
    Don’t like slipknot but loved Murderdolls , such a shame Can’t believe it 
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4492
    Seen Slipknot a few times at Download.  TBH, they don't do it for me, but 46 is no age at all.  RIP.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7282
    We'll that sucks. Even with the gimmicks I think they wouldnt have broke out without JJ, he not only had ridiculous chops but also played to the song in owing exactly when to whip out the double bass and whe. To let an anthemic chorus breathe.

The JJ Sig snare is also my favourite in both BFD and GGD.

What was the cause of death?
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24199
    We'll that sucks. Even with the gimmicks I think they wouldnt have broke out without JJ, he not only had ridiculous chops but also played to the song in owing exactly when to whip out the double bass and whe. To let an anthemic chorus breathe.

The JJ Sig snare is also my favourite in both BFD and GGD.

What was the cause of death?
    They haven't said. Died in his sleep.

But he has suffered with transverse myelitis. 
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7282
    I knew he had some kind of health pronlem that saw him forced out of slipknot, such a shame as a ridiculously talented guy 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • danodano Frets: 1591
    I remember when the debut album came out - I had it on Minidisk! I was studying in London and at the end of a really quiet day in the library I'd like to put on something loud for the journey home.

It was the drum sound that got me - wasn't the excessive bass flub that had become so common, it had real cut. One of my fellow students was a good drummer who was paying her way through law school playing in an Elvis tribute a few nights per week.

She had read about the album but hadn't heard it - we ended up walking to lectures with 1 ear piece each to both listen to it. Half-Stereo is crap :D 

I was listening to their first couple of albums yesterday whilst working, not heard them for years. The snare sound is really prominent, very tight and quite high pitched. I'd forgotten what his drum sound was like.  I saw them at Reading in 2001 or 02 and it was an awesome show.

Brilliantly talented player,  46 is no age at all to go (same age as me so a real wake up call). 

RIP JJ