What films have you watched recently?

What's Hot

Comments

• Wolf of Wall street - very long but a great movie, one of Di Caprios best. 8/10

Almost famous 
    - really liked this. Story of a 15 yr old who is interested in becoming a music journalist, goes on tour with an up an coming rock band in the early 70's. 7.5/10

Bone tomahawk 
    - bit drawn out in places, but very good watch. Those indians were pretty fucked up peoples! 8/10

Hail ceasar 
    - Was ok, but not one of the Coen brothers best. Definitley wouldnt sit through it again. 5/10
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WONDER WOMAN   10/10

At last DC has got their game on.  Awesome stuff.  I do not think that Spider-man: Homecoming is going to be as great as this rollercoaster ride of action and adventure.

All in all Wonder Woman is a good going romp.
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4699

London Has Fallen - 1/10.  Rubbish

Arrival - 6/10. Different and quite an interesting slant on the alien invasion genre.  But it dragged on and I wasn't keen on the portrayal of China being the stereotypical bad guy, especially when the US fills that world role so well now.   

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    David Brent: Life On The Road - This is proof that Gervais is now completely utterly past it. Same old tired formula he's used for the past decade. 4/10

Four Lions
    - First time I've seen it since it came out years ago, but it is quite wonderful. Some serious LOL moments. 8/10

The Hateful Eight
    - A stellar cast doesn't disguise the fact that this is way too long and pretty tedious. Again, Tarantino not budging an inch from his chosen formula. Some good parts with some twists but too bloody long. 5.5/10
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    Pasengers - really enjoyed it. Not a huge sci fi fan but thought it was really enjoyable mindless fun.

8/10

Blair Witch Project (original) - watched this as a nostalgia trip as it was one of the first horror
    films I ever saw. Wish I didn't bother. Dull and the video camera filming did my head in!

4/10

The Autopsy of Jane Doe - enjoyable jumpy horror, did a lot to keep being compelling despite a tiny cast and most of the film taking place in one room. 

7/10
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    Suicide Squad - Harlequin was a good character, but the film was largely dark and forgettable. I was watching it on laptop on a plane to be fair, but it just didn't do much for me at all. 4/10.
  • TavernorTavernor Frets: 85
    boogieman said:
    Just back from a long trip and watched a load of films on the plane. Hacksaw Ridge, Split, Rogue One, Suicide Squad and Pulp Fiction. Hacksaw Ridge was the standout from the newer ones, Pulp Fiction was still the best of the bunch though.  
    I thought Hacksaw Ridge was an exceptional find, really enjoyed it.

Finally watched the original Star Wars trilogy this week, roughly 30 years after I should have. Blown away by the special effects given its age.
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6152
    The Other Side of Hope - Finlandic, quirky, funny, touching, low-key drama about a newly arrived asylum seeker. Bonus is a lot of great guitar music sprinkled throughout. 8/10
  • starwarsnosebleedstarwarsnosebleed Frets: 2357
    edited June 2017
    Tavernor said:
    boogieman said:
    Hacksaw Ridge was the standout from the newer ones, Pulp Fiction was still the best of the bunch though.  
    I thought Hacksaw Ridge was an exceptional find, really enjoyed it.
    Saw Hacksaw ridge lastnight with my eldest lad. We both thought is was a really great film. True story aswell, that guy was a true war hero. 8.5/10
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26963
    Wonder Woman - Really really really good. Thank god. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10267
    Great to hear that.I SO wanted this to be good.

Thanks Sticky.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26963
    Great to hear that.I SO wanted this to be good.

Thanks Sticky.
    I still fully expect Justice League to be a mess, but WW is genuinely great. Chris Pine is excellent when he's not playing Captain Kirk, and Gal Gadot is believable in the role and just generally lovely. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28138
    I've just looked at my last movie posts and I am putting a moratorium on my use of the word 'romp' in this thread. 

If I use that word again in this thread, within the next six months, I'm donating £100 to tFB coffers.

Mindhorn. 10 out of 10

Excellent Brit comedy that hits in all the right places if you like your comedy in the Alan Partridge vain. 

It genuinely is a good going romp.
    Six months and a day.

Well played.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Not that I put it my Google calendar or anything.

:P
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72305
    Lost In Translation

Never seen it before, picked up a copy on DVD at the weekend.

Interesting, quirky and enjoyable - not as laugh-out-loud funny as it's billed as being, but still amusing. And yes, Scarlett Johansson is very pretty.

7/10

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7960
    Guardians Of The Galaxy 2. Very good, lots of funny bits, if slightly longer than necessary.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28138
    Atlantic Rim.

Significantly worse than Pacific Rim in every regard.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sporky said:
    Atlantic Rim.

Significantly worse than Pacific Rim in every regard.
    I can't even begin to imagine the horror...
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2890
    Went to see The Mummy last week.  The new one with that Tom Cruise.  Do yourselves a favour and go see something else.  Anything else.  I mean it, absolutely anything else.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    "Silent House" - the American remake.

Both this and the Uruguayan original are allegedly based on a true story from the 40's.

There's very little gore but it does psychological horror very well.

8/10

:)

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi