What films have you watched recently?

What's Hot

Comments

• ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    went to see Elysium last night..
    I really liked it... had that cool District 9 vibe..
    best new film I've seen for ages..
    play every note as if it were your first
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    I saw Kick Ass 2.

The most succinct review possible would be "yay!"... expanding on that a little - if you like the first you'll like this one, if you didn't like the first why are you still reading?! (I liked the first one)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15483
    I'm sorry, but I refuse to believe anyone is capable of not liking kick ass 1. You may not have seen it (and that's forgivable) but if you have seen it it's a basic law of the universe to like it. Anyone who doesn't is probably insane, or a deviant or both.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • LOTR VHS tape 1 (Saturday)
    LOTR VHS tape 2 (Sunday)
    LOTR VHS tape 3 (Monday)

The gf had only seen bits of the 3rd one so we decided to make the 3 evenings into cuddle-on-the-settee-with-film-and-wine evenings. Verdict (hers, not mine): LOTR is "quite good". She's not read the book. She also observed the "sound is good", but I had to point out that it was coming from a high quality hifi not the telly.

I couldn't help thinking the actor mumbled/whispered too much. I understand the dramatic effect, but to catch what they were saying required volume such that explosions or other loud stuff risked damaging the speaker cones. Or maybe my hearing is knackered ...
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    A wizard never mumbles, Philbo Baggins!! he .... precisely as ... as he ... ...

I just read the plot of Elysium on Wikipedia - what a rush ;)
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6386
    Film weekend

El Topo - very surreal spaghetti western

Avatar (again) - I do like the Fern Gully remake

LOTR1 & LOTR2 - still epic

Harry Potter & the Half Blood Prince - The missus commented that these are well made films - I concur

Elysium - Good, but not a patch on District 9, I was a tad disappointed.

First of the Few (British wartime propaganda story of the spitfire and its creator R J Mitchell)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3305
    edited August 2013
    I fell asleep the other night in front of the tele and woke up in the early hours to some lesbian, Mexican nuns cavorting in front of me and shooting each other. I had to double check that I hadn't sat on the remote and subscribed to something X rated. It transpires I was watching "Nude nuns with big guns" on the Horror Channel. It was intriguing!

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    Kebabkid;21555" said:
    I fell asleep the other night in front of the tele and woke up in the early hours to some lesbian, Mexican nuns cavorting in front of me and shooting each other. I had to double check that I hadn't sat on the remote and subscribed to something X rated. It transpires I was watching "Nude nuns with big guns" on the Horror Channel. It was intriguing!
    it was when we found out Eric Jr Jr had been watching that we cancelled lovefilm.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10398

Searching for Sugarman

It's the story of Rodriguez, a singer song writer who released 2 albums in the late sixties \ early seventies which bombed in the states. He returns to his labouring job and back to obscurity , meanwhile he becomes as big as Dylan in South Africa but doesn't know

It's a fantastic docu film of a true story, absolutely brilliant. Check out the IMD \ rotton tom ratings and the Bafta award
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6386
    Kebabkid said:

Believe it or not it's been on before.  It's a slasher revenge movie, it's not that bad (or that nude really).
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    The Place Beyond the Pines.

I loved it but I do understand why IMDb has several people giving the film 10 stars and several giving 1 star.

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    edited August 2013
    "Babel".......................total bollocks.

• citizen68citizen68 Frets: 172
    The Conjuring - great atmospheric music - suitably spooky & had me jumping in the seat like he who isn't half wise
    Seemed like a good idea.....

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15483
    just the trailers for the conjuring were enough to give me screaming nightmares. Think it's best I not see the film. Ever.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188
    currently got Alien vs Predator Requiem on E4. 

as expected

2/10

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188
    edited August 2013
    Double post o-rama

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2890
    Watched Cloud Atlas again this evening.  Second time around and it was much easier to see the connections.   Still a great film

• shadyshady Frets: 252
    Hansel & Gretel.

Great fun - needs a sequel.
  • I caught "Clue, The Movie" the other night.  It's funny, goofy fun, being familiar with the board game is essential.

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

• fatherjackfatherjack Frets: 180
    Olympus Has Fallen - one of the comments on the DVD package was "Die Hard in the White House", which is exactly right.  A big, dumb, silly movies - does exactly what it says on the tin, 6.5/10.
    You don't need much knowledge of anatomy to appreciate the fundamental ubiquity of opinions.