What films have you watched recently?

What's Hot

Comments

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15485
    battlefield LA (or similar). T'was pretty good, no brainer fun. Lots of shooting and 'plosions and shit.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • No time for fillums the last few weeks, been subjecting the new GF to The Walking Dead (alternated with her finally getting me into Sherlock, which is just as excellent as I'd been told it was), in between slotting in Game of Thrones when she's not over. 

There's been some proper good telly made over the last few years, hasn't there? :o 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Finally getting around to watch the Christopher Nolan Batman Trilogy on my 1080p 7.1audio set up computer... watching Batman Begins right now... goodness the sound is epic. Visuals are very visual...

Yay!
  • Myranda said:
    Finally getting around to watch the Christopher Nolan Batman Trilogy on my 1080p 7.1audio set up computer... watching Batman Begins right now... goodness the sound is epic. Visuals are very visual...

Yay!

Fast forward past the shite ninja bit. And cut 2 hours from the 3rd film to remove the bloat. It doesn't matter what 2 hours you cut. It won't affect the quality.
  • Clash of the Titans (new one) Fucking awful. Only bought it because it came with the original and was cheaper that way.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72299
    edited September 2013
    daveyh said:
    Last night I watched Conan The Barbarian.

O.M.G.

To call it a pile of shite would offend shite.

No, it's brilliant! It's so stupidly over the top it's genius.

The baddie who looks like an ex-member of Spinal Tap is priceless. And James Earl Jones was doing Vader... but in person.

Unless you mean the remake - which I haven't seen, don't want to and probably is.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Oblivion. I was expecting total tosh, but I really enjoyed it!

• I quite liked Oblivion - Philip K Dick story isn't it?
    Watched Mama. I highly, highly recommend not watching this. Very dull indeed and rather nonsensical.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    I didn't think Oblivion was going to be that good - but the trailers looked spectacular, so I went for the visual treat - that the film wasn't terrible made it very watchable.

Mama I liked - up to the end. Then a bit like an M Night Shammydoodah film it ended badly. One of the friend I went to see it with loved it all the way till the reveal of Mama's face - that effect was bad enough that it apparently ruined the whole film... but it was about then that all the tension that was so expertly built was thrown out along with any cleverness in writing - such a shame.

Oh and if you watch the new Conan as a comedy it's briliant - especially when the baddies start chanting Omar Sharif Omar Sharif ... I'm sure it's meant to be some magic language whatsit, but it sounds like Omar Sharif 
  • Ironing man 3.

3 films in, and all he does is fart about with other pillocks with magic powers and super suits.  Not one cuff done, or how to put creases into awkward fabrics.  I get the feeling they're not about laundry at all.
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ironing man 3.

3 films in, and all he does is fart about with other pillocks with magic powers and super suits.  Not one cuff done, or how to put creases into awkward fabrics.  I get the feeling they're not about laundry at all.
    Is that the one where Robert Downey Jr plays Tony Starch?
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Have a lol
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
    Joking aside the very very best part of Iron Man 3 was Trevor. I want to see a whole film about him
  • Finally got round to watching Django Unchained - excellent, apart from the 'Hey everybody, I watch lots of spaghetti westerns' music.
    You don't need much knowledge of anatomy to appreciate the fundamental ubiquity of opinions.
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 557
    edited September 2013
    "Good Vibrations" story of Terri Hooley and the Northern Ireland Punk scene and the discovery of the Undertones. Dark days indeed, but the music brings back good memories for me.

VimFuego said:
    battlefield LA (or similar). T'was pretty good, no brainer fun. Lots of shooting and 'plosions and shit.
    Considering how manly-man-America-is-great it was there were a lot of clearly deliberate homoerotic moments in that movie. Long stares into another mans eyes from half an inch from kissing them - very intense love film. I think they edit the soldier orgy scenes out for American audiences - wonder if there's a Euro version...
  • World War Z - utter shite.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12361
    Hertz32 said:
    Sharknado - Watch it, thank me later ;) 
    Seriously, it's funny because it's so crap. The tagline was "Sharks, in a tornado. 'Nuff said." 
    8/10

The best bit about it was the title. However, it still towered over Piranhaconda and seemed like Citizen Kane compared to Nazis from the centre of the Earth. Sadly I'm a sucker for the SyFy channel. :(
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24287
    I watched World War Z last night too.  Sort of a "poor man's 'I am Legend' but with more people and less convincing zombies".
    It wasn't a good film by any stretch, but it was an adequate popcorn-muncher considering there was fuck all on the telly.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
  • boogieman;35622" said:
    Hertz32 said:

Sharknado - Watch it, thank me later ;) 

Seriously, it's funny because it's so crap. The tagline was "Sharks, in a tornado. 'Nuff said." 

8/10

The best bit about it was the title. However, it still towered over Piranhaconda and seemed like Citizen Kane compared to Nazis from the centre of the Earth. Sadly I'm a sucker for the SyFy channel. :(
    inspired by this I thought I would give Ghost Shark a go.I gave up quite early on. Basically an episode of Scooby Doo but they forgot the big dog.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom