Anyone has used the Eleven Rack just as an audio interface?

Hi!

I've got an Eleven Rack and I'm very happy with it just for playing. But I would like to try those new fancy vst plugins that apparently sound that awesome and I don't know what is happening.

For example, I downloaded the Fortin Cali trial vst, I added it to a new track in Sonar DAW and disabled the amp/cab section on the Eleven Rack to get the signal dry as possible but it sounds awful... And yes, I'm not Jack Gardiner and I will never be but I downloaded one of his presets for this plugin, I tried with my Suhr GG and it didn't sound even alike.

I've got the Eleven Rack connected through USB and the headphones output to my the Presonus Eris monitors, Do I need something else?

I'm thinking about to get another audio interface but I was told that Eleven rack is a good one, with nice DACs and so on but maybe it was when I bought it (which was long time ago...)

Any clue?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7287
    I think @digitalscream used on as an audio interface for a while.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26578
    Yes, it'll work - however, you don't want to use the rig outputs as the input in your DAW. Each of the input sockets on the 11R will also have a corresponding input in your DAW, so you can literally take the feed from the input directly. That's what you need to use for the VST.

The simplest way to do this is trial and error, since they'll appear differently in every DAW (and I can't remember which one it is).
    <space for hire>