MPC live 2 or NI Maschine+

What's Hot
Hi - am wondering if anyone in these parts has experience of using these (or other versions).  I am looking to try and add beats and some backing and then probably sample some guitar parts to try something different.  
I have no experience with either so have no knowledge of the relative merits of either - esp regarding workflow / ecosystem.  
Would like to use blooper / MF105 and other midi effects I have lurking around.

Currently it seems that the NI sound libraries are superior but the connectivity of the MPC is better (esp CV). 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    I remember comments about workflow. Perhaps get the app version on a tablet and try out both. Although I’m not sure if there’s a Maschine app. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • joeWjoeW Frets: 459
    Good call - I’ll take a look. 
  • Slightly different but check out the Akai force as well. Cheaper than the machines mentioned above-has a slightly different ‘clip launching’ workflow in an ableton-ish way, but is standalone, and has good arranger mode. I’m just getting into it-and might still look to move on for a Octatrack but it is a pretty amazing machine. Great sampler, good looper functionality (great with guitars), easy to lay down midi drum parts (the new drum synth sound engine is really deep
    as well so all the sounds are there) or use Audio clips of drums. Easy to use the onboard synths to lay down bass/pads as well. As I said I may still end up with something else but the Force is good
  • joeWjoeW Frets: 459
    Thanks @clarke_111 - I’ll take a look 
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22096
    MPC.

Sorry NI, I've never liked the NI workflow on stuff like Reaktor or Kontakt. 

• kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    Mpc all the way for me. Much prefer the workflow and sampling, and the plug-in seems more stable when using it as a controller in the daw. It's been a while but I remember having endless issues with the maschine plugin