SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Wtb: Marshall powerbrake

Or equivalent...

Cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Obviously you may have researched this already, but having owned a powerbrake I think it's one of the most over-priced for under featured attenuators around.  You can get a weber new for the price folks flog powerbrakes.  Just my opinion though.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Obviously you may have researched this already, but having owned a powerbrake I think it's one of the most over-priced for under featured attenuators around.  You can get a weber new for the price folks flog powerbrakes.  Just my opinion though.
    having tried most of them ive kept the powerbrake  certainly for marshall style amps its IMO the best sounding attenuator by far
  • I'm in agreement with John_A I also think the Marshall Powerbrake is one of the best sounding attenuators, for any amp.
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    yep 'features' are all well and good, what i want in an attanuator is just to keep my amp sounding the same only quieter
  • I got my PB for a very good price and its been excellent with a variety of amps - mainly EL34 based tbh - not feature rich but does have some flex with amp / cab ohm matching - unlike hotplates for instance .
    I've recently picked up a David Bray L0-1 line out unit and that's added the main feature I felt I was missing ; recommended by an MR forumite and really is excellent and stupid cheap from USA delivered ...