Ampeg PF50t

What's Hot
ReggaebassReggaebass Frets: 63
Hi all, I’ve been thinking of getting one of these for a while now, for home use, I don’t really need it but you know how it goes, =) what do you think 
Riddim up
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14323
    I don’t really need it
    Other valve DI pre-amp devices are available … and for far less money.

My own taste would probably be for one of the Tech21 Sansamp Geddy Lee boxes. There is now a Steve Harris fly rig floor unit. I'm not sure who/what Billy Sheehan is endorsing this week.
    Be seeing you.
  • Thanks funkfingers, I don’t normally use pedals, although I have got a sansamp vt bass tech 21 which is good, I quite like the look of the pf50 
    Riddim up
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2272
    I had one for a couple of years. Through a decent cab it was plenty loud enough for gigging, let alone home use! I only sold it because something shinier came along…
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Keefy said:
    I had one for a couple of years. 
    In your opinion, do they do the lows clear and well , I’d be playing through markbass NY 115 , cheers 
    Riddim up
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23939
    I don’t really need it
    Other valve DI pre-amp devices are available … and for far less money.

My own taste would probably be for one of the Tech21 Sansamp Geddy Lee boxes. There is now a Steve Harris fly rig floor unit. I'm not sure who/what Billy Sheehan is endorsing this week.
    Billy has been with EBS for his drive pedal and L6 for the helix for years now. L6 borrowed his ancient Pearce Preamp and Ashly compressors to be recreated in the helix.

He was Ampeg for decades then when they went to rat shit he went to Hartke for the amps and cabs. That was at least 10 years ago too.
    He's not a flip-flopper.
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2272
    Keefy said:
    In your opinion, do they do the lows clear and well , I’d be playing through markbass NY 115 , cheers 
    I have no experience of that cab but yes the amp copes well with lows, including low B on a 5-string.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Keefy said:
    Keefy said:
    I have no experience of that cab but yes the amp copes well with lows, including low B on a 5-string.
    Thanks Keefy
    Riddim up