Lindo Bass.

PIcked up a Lindo bass last week, needed a deep clean and new strings. Played it on Friday evening at our gig, well pleased with it so far, cost me all of a tenner!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Photos?
  • The Lindo brand name has appeared on Fender Precision Bass copies - with or without droopy/pointy headstock - and "original" designs that resemble the Ibanez SR. Fingerboard inlays range from dots to shark teeth to birds.

The headstock will probably be scarfed on and the body could be laminate but, at car boot sale prices, who cares?
    Be seeing you.
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Don't know what went wrong there, tried to upload a picture but it came up as Flag. 
  • The white question mark on a blue square is a placeholder.

This forum requires you to upload your photographs to a third party hosting site then, post the appropriate link in your Discussion.

Proper instructions can be found in the Help & Feedback section.
    Be seeing you.
  • Lindo is a brand for a shop that sells on ebay. It's one of those brands that won't hold its value on resale, despite probably being made by people who also make for Squier, Harley Benton, etc so maybe not so bad.

An old neighbour of mine was hoping I'd buy a Lindo 335 off her a number of years back. She said it was a.good brand and offered it for 20% less than what she paid. I couldn't remember where I'd seen them before at the time, but knew I'd come across them.

Great score for a tenner!
  • Ah well, it has found a new home. Oldest son Michael came out to visit us for his birthday last week, saw the Lindo and fell in love with it. Extra birthday present for him. I also managed to find the original owner of my 1963 EKO fiddle bass, he lives through in Aberdeen and I hope to re-unite them soon.
  • Well the EKO has been re-united with it's original owner, I visited him last Friday and handed over the guitar. He got a bit emotional to start with. I remember seeing him playing this guitar back in 63/64 and when I got it, it made me wonder if it was Davy's one. Managed to track him down and he was delighted to be offered the guitar back. Made me feel all warm and fuzzy  =) It was good to catch up with an old buddy as well, haven't seen him in quite some time.