Anyone bought a Boss TAE and regretted it?

What's Hot
Anyone wish they'd got the Ox Box instead? I'd be looking primarily for a home recording device. The TAE ticks all my boxes and more but it's actually the comparative lack of features of the Ox Box that make it look like it might ultimately be a better bet for simple day to day use.

Anyone gone down one path or the other and regretted it? Like I said, this would be just be for home use, both recording and practice.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I would have thought the pros for the TAE over the Ox would be mainly features for live use so the Ox would offer a better solution for home and recording use.

I have never owned either but the Ox seems to come across as the better sounding unit in most demos or comparisons I've seen.
  • yorkioyorkio Frets: 173
    I must admit, I'm much taken by what appears to be the more plug and play approach of the Ox Box. But the TAE can do pretty much everything the Ox Box does and much more besides. I can't help wondering whether I'd end up getting option paralysis with all those possibilities though…
  • It looks like there are lots of people very happy with both units and they both seem very capable and should both offer a great solution for what you described.

You can just use the bits you want from whichever you pick and then ignore the other features that you don't need right now.
  • yorkioyorkio Frets: 173
    True enough. 
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5411
    I've got firsthand experience with the TAE and it's excellent. I still want one.

I know several people that have used both and my sample of three all say the TAE is vastly superior.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom