National Duolian - Case

What's Hot
Hi all - I'm looking to buy a hard case for my 1930's National Duolian.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to where I can purchase something (UK)? I'm not looking for a super deluxe item for gigging etc, just something to store the guitar in.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KDSKDS Frets: 220
    Might be worth you posting this question on Michael Messers site, you'll get definite answer on there
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MellishMellish Frets: 945
    Hiscox are good my dear, made here in the UK. Check out their website :) 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71959
    I'm pretty sure a Hiscox dreadnought case will fit it. I have one I'm selling... whereabouts are you?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• KristoKristo Frets: 123
    I think you need a classical sized case, ideally. 
    Hiscox have small foam pads they'll send if you contact them, allowing a pretty good custom fit :) 
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4126
    There's a chance I've got a National Resophonic case in my loft which you could have pretty cheap (I've only got one reso these days and it lives in a Reunion Blues Continental). I'll check tomorrow if you're interested.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3044
    edited September 2021
    Dunno if they still do, but Messer shipped my Lightning in a semirigid case, obvs in cardboard too, its a cracking case, perfect for outdoors never mind home storage, can’t for the life of me remember what the case is called

edit….like this

https://www.dawsons.co.uk/230684/pod-lightweight-flat-top-guitar-hard-case
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• Lewy said:
    There's a chance I've got a National Resophonic case in my loft which you could have pretty cheap (I've only got one reso these days and it lives in a Reunion Blues Continental). I'll check tomorrow if you're interested.
    Definitely interested
  • ICBM said:
    I'm pretty sure a Hiscox dreadnought case will fit it. I have one I'm selling... whereabouts are you?
    I’m in King’s Lynn, Norfolk
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71959
    G4pei said:

I’m in Scotland... I would see if Lewy finds his case first! Postage cost for even an empty Hiscox with the minimum amount of wrapping would probably add enough to make it somewhat unattractive :(. (Given that it’s not the right case, just something that would roughly fit.)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• ICBM said:
    G4pei said:

I’m in Scotland... I would see if Lewy finds his case first! Postage cost for even an empty Hiscox with the minimum amount of wrapping would probably add enough to make it somewhat unattractive :(. (Given that it’s not the right case, just something that would roughly fit.)
    That's a fair distance for sure! Thanks for replying.
    @G4pei. If Lewy can't find his, I would go with the Hiscox that ICBM has. Failing that, I'd look in Argos, on eBay and Amazon :) 
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4126
    I finally got round to going up into the loft and yes I do have one. It's the original case that came with a NRP Delphi I had years ago. As per ICBM though, I'm a fair way from Kings Lynn...I'm in Wokingham, berks...so the same issue of shipping comes up. Packing and posting would likely come in around £20 and I think I'd want £40 for the case. If it's just for storage you might find more cost effective options. If you pm me your email I can send you some photos if you're interested.
  • Lewy said:
    I finally got round to going up into the loft and yes I do have one. It's the original case that came with a NRP Delphi I had years ago. As per ICBM though, I'm a fair way from Kings Lynn...I'm in Wokingham, berks...so the same issue of shipping comes up. Packing and posting would likely come in around £20 and I think I'd want £40 for the case. If it's just for storage you might find more cost effective options. If you pm me your email I can send you some photos if you're interested.
    PM sent!
    Good luck! Hope it works out :)