SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: RedSub Infinity Fan Fret bass, £100

What's Hot
skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4136
edited July 2023 in Basses £
After listing this and then deciding that I shouldn't sell it, I think I've played it once since, maybe twice. Everything I listed below still stands:

Looking for £100 or thereabouts for it; they're £180 new, so I think that's fair - feel free to make me a sensible offer though. NOW SOLD.

I don't have anything to package it in so it would need to be collected from me in Ashingdon, Essex. At an absolute push I could take the neck off and package it up that way, but I'd prefer not to.

I bought this from Gear4Music a while back; it was reduced as it was a customer return. I've given the fret ends a bit of a file, but other than that it's exactly as I got it (apart from the sticker, but I can take that off too if you want me to).

RedSub is G4M's in-house brand (well, one of them), so this isn't an expensive guitar: new now they're £220, and I think I paid about £180 for this one.

EDIT - bit more information on it:

Good points:
1: It has a nice slim neck, it's very easy to play (especially now that I've sorted the sharp fret ends).
2: Active EQ, and it does sound good.
3: Stays in tune really well, and the fan-frets means that downtuning is no problem - I currently have it in drop C.
4: It's pretty cool-looking, isn't it?

Not so good:
1: The fretboard stain isn't brilliant; it's a bit uneven and it doesn't look like it was applied very carefully, there are a couple of runs.
2: The fret ends needed quite a bit of filing, they were very sharp when I got it. They're still not perfect, but they don't cut your fingers any more!
3: RedSub is one of G4M's in-house brands and it's obviously been built to a price - the headstock has a rough patch of grain on the edge, plus the previously mentioned fretboard stain etc.

Photos:

Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Interested. Where are you?
  • Interested. Where are you?
    I'm in Ashingdon, Essex

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• Just round the corner from me in South Devon  =)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

You don't travel into London for work or anything do you?

No. But isn't it time you had a Devon holiday? :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

No. But isn't it time you had a Devon holiday? :)
    Well, I have got a friend in Dawlish that I was planning on going to see at some point...

• skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4136
    Decided to list this again. @Born2BMild I guess you've sorted something out by now? :)

• Born2BMildBorn2BMild Frets: 18
    Yes. I'm only looking for a Godin A5 now, but thanks for thinking of me!

Phil