Hyvibe

What's Hot
maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3116
edited September 2021 in Acoustics
From an ad on LinkedIn!! More stuff we don’t need?
www.hyvibeguitar.com
https://youtu.be/oFTZBErh60A
www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mgawmgaw Frets: 5258
    I think its great. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4169
    I think it would be a cool writing guitar to get yourself inspired by a bit of atmosphere without having to use any other gear. For performance I don’t think it offers much that a few pedals wouldn’t and you wouldn’t be tied to a specific guitar.
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2758
    Just seems unbelievable (and he didn’t demonstrate distortion!),  although the physics and electronics are really interesting.  
    The thing that lets it down imho is the obsoleteness of the little effects box and having to link to an app that will become unsupported in due course.

the thought of playing your ipad music through your guitar is just weird though!  

I guess it’s v similar to the TonewoodAmp thingy that attaches magnetically to the back of an acoustic guitar.
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2284
    4:15 - 'I'm using reverb and effects that all came organically out of the instrument' - I'm not sure that's the right word!
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    I'm in two minds about this.

I like the features but one of the main reasons I play acoustic is that there are no knobs or buttons to twiddle and distract me.

It has more features than the Yamaha TransAcoustic and I could never see me sticking one of those Tonewood things to an acoustic, so it certainly interests me. Especially as I'm a home player, don't gig. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Kilgore said:
    I'm in two minds about this.

I like the features but one of the main reasons I play acoustic is that there are no knobs or buttons to twiddle and distract me.

I know what you mean. I bought my acoustic as a pure acoustic - no electronics, no cutaway for playing up the dusty end. I inevitably ended up wanting to play it live and fitted a (soundhole) pickup, but I’d rather keep the electrickery as outboard kit.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30878
    Busker's dream...

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

Gassage said:
    Busker's dream...
    You just answered the question everyone is asking themselves - who would buy this product?
  • GTCGTC Frets: 263
    Keefy said:
    Gassage said:
    Busker's dream...
    You just answered the question everyone is asking themselves - who would buy this product?
    .... or anyone who likes "new toys" to play with and is prepared to take a punt on its effectiveness. You can buy the system to retrofit on an existing guitar (steel or nylon strung)  - and I'm ashamed to say I'm tempted to try it :)
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2758
    Early 1980s I went into Chappell’s in Bond St, as one did as a teenager, and I heard something that I’d never heard before.  It was a classical guitar somewhere in the shop, but loud and amplified, sounded amazing.  I asked about it and they showed me it was the Aspri spring reverb that just clipped between your strings and the butt end of the guitar.  I bought one then and there and used it for years, mainly on my classical,  and I still have it now albeit it is held together by various bits of superglue and is  bit delicate.  
    That shows that you can get an “effect” from physical excitation, but I just haven’t got my head around using the sound board as an actual speaker !
  • sev112 said:
    Early 1980s I went into Chappell’s in Bond St, as one did as a teenager, and I heard something that I’d never heard before.  It was a classical guitar somewhere in the shop, but loud and amplified, sounded amazing.  I asked about it and they showed me it was the Aspri spring reverb that just clipped between your strings and the butt end of the guitar.  I bought one then and there and used it for years, mainly on my classical,  and I still have it now albeit it is held together by various bits of superglue and is  bit delicate.  
    That shows that you can get an “effect” from physical excitation, but I just haven’t got my head around using the sound board as an actual speaker !
    I have one of those that rattles and reverberates every time I open the parts drawer. It’s good fun.