30!!!!!!!

What's Hot

Comments

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18678
    I'm unimpressed with the latest expensive clickbaity advertising campaign.

But what is all this stuff about her appearance & weight. This has fuck all to do with her talent & voice,

We're better than this surely???
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10681
    Thank you for calling that out. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17588
    tFB Trader
    I'm unimpressed with the latest expensive clickbaity advertising campaign.

But what is all this stuff about her appearance & weight. This has fuck all to do with her talent & voice,

We're better than this surely???

We clearly aren't
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1958
    I was going to say this, but clearly I can't count.

https://i.imgur.com/ESV7FkJ.jpg
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72251
    It’s worse than that… thirty years ago, Nevermind was released.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• rlwrlw Frets: 4692
    Saw a brilliant tweet yesterday -

I see Adele's releasing her album again.....
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CaseOfAceCaseOfAce Frets: 1327
    New albums on the way from Adele and Ed Sheeran... haven't we all suffered enough already in the last year or so ?!!?
    ...she's got Dickie Davies eyes...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KDSKDS Frets: 221
    Not normally my musical taste at all..... but I thought 25 was a great album
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    Redlester said:
    What's it all about then, eh? 
    Cheese

https://i.imgur.com/UlpJXgV.jpg
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11745
    It's hard not like her isn't it?  She's quite a charming woman and she writes really nicely crafted ballads.  If one likes that kind of thing, then few people do it better.

I personally thought 19 was a pretty impressive debut when it came out, and 21 is really a very special pop album.  

25 for me, more of the same, and as for "Easy on Me"... even more of the same, nothing wrong with that whatsoever, but I've personally lost a bit of interest.

She can write a pop song though, she really can, and her voice is still superb.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293

Rick Beato taking an interest/ jumping on the bandwagon. But if you want an analysis of the song then Rick offers one up.  
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 

Rick Beato taking an interest/ jumping on the bandwagon. But if you want an analysis of the song then Rick offers one up.  
    Rick is really interesting talking about the charts at the minute.

My favourite bit is how excited he gets when the songs (like the Adele one, or Billie Eilish, or that Olivia Rodrigo one, or Bruno Mars...) are actually well recorded, played and written songs.

Which proves even at the top of the charts things are actually just fine, sure there is a lot of dross, but twas always thus.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22738

My favourite bit is how excited he gets when the songs (like the Adele one, or Billie Eilish, or that Olivia Rodrigo one, or Bruno Mars...) are actually well recorded, played and written songs.

Which proves even at the top of the charts things are actually just fine, sure there is a lot of dross, but twas always thus.
    Yeah, but are they just jewels in a big pile of shit?

That's how it seems to me, but I'm not going to try to make a strong case for it.  I haven't followed the charts for at least 20 years and chart music is not meant for people of my age anyway.

(Also - moan moan grumble grumble - I'd have to say that even if the aforementioned songs are well recorded, played and written, they still do nothing for me.  But as before, they're not meant for me.  Etc...)
  • My wife played this while we driving home the other day - I've always found Adele to be entertaining and engaging in interviews and the like when I've seen her, and the songs of hers that I know all seem pretty decent, although not really my sort of thing.

This latest one is fine, although I wouldn't lay money on it still being played like some of her older songs. Her voice doesn't seem as rich and a little harsher, although whether that's a change in her voice or the production, I've no idea.

And I tend to agree that her weight and appearance aren't really things that should concern anyone, however hopefully she's happier and healthier than she was, and not heading towards an eating disorder and body image issues.
    Philly_Q said:

Yeah, but are they just jewels in a big pile of shit?

That's how it seems to me, but I'm not going to try to make a strong case for it.  I haven't followed the charts for at least 20 years and chart music is not meant for people of my age anyway.

(Also - moan moan grumble grumble - I'd have to say that even if the aforementioned songs are well recorded, played and written, they still do nothing for me.  But as before, they're not meant for me.  Etc...)
    I'd debate you but you've already debated yourself so well it seems redundant :)

Apparently music is always forgetting melody, losing real instruments, being ruined by technology, getting more commercial.

Young people these days!

We all get old... Punk Rockers | Friday Night Dinner - YouTube
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72251
    It's hard not like her isn't it?  She's quite a charming woman and she writes really nicely crafted ballads.  If one likes that kind of thing, then few people do it better.

I personally thought 19 was a pretty impressive debut when it came out, and 21 is really a very special pop album.  

25 for me, more of the same, and as for "Easy on Me"... even more of the same, nothing wrong with that whatsoever, but I've personally lost a bit of interest.

She can write a pop song though, she really can, and her voice is still superb.
    21 is her best album by far for me. There are only two tracks I really like on 19, Make You Feel My Love (written by Dylan obviously) and Hometown Glory. 25 seems overdone and a bit shallow by comparison with 21.

I actually think I like *her* - her personality and humour - more than I actually like her music, or even her voice. I feel the same about James Blunt.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    I kinda feel sorry for their creative freedom when operating at Adele / Ed Sheehan levels - it’s Coca Cola - they simply can’t get it wrong and have to appeal to everyone. Within that constraint I think she’s down a good job with the new song, glad that it hasn’t got Celine Dion type production, and it does have some interesting melodic / harmonic elements. Still seems strangely sanitised though and not something I’d listen too other than an appreciative nod when it comes on the radio. Ed’s latest stuff is shit though. 
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2406
    I'm a fan and really looking forward to her new album. I love all her albums, especially 21, although 25 perhaps has more maturity about it – All I Ask is an absolute blinder.  I have very little interest in the charts, but Adele's material stands out by a country mile. She's genuinely talented and arguably the best in the business in what she does right now. Also, she's beautiful, "dumpy" or not.
    ICBM said:
    I actually think I like *her* - her personality and humour - more than I actually like her music, or even her voice. I feel the same about James Blunt.

Yes good point in both cases, their natural charm and self-deprecation helps a great deal.