30!!!!!!!

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22515
    ICBM said:
    I actually think I like *her* - her personality and humour - more than I actually like her music, or even her voice. I feel the same about James Blunt.
    I think I'd much rather listen to an interview with James Blunt than an interview with Adele.  He's genuinely very funny, she just seems to swear a lot, but I admit I haven't heard her speak that often.

Musically.... I'll give them both a miss.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11670
    dindude said:
    I kinda feel sorry for their creative freedom when operating at Adele / Ed Sheehan levels - it’s Coca Cola - they simply can’t get it wrong and have to appeal to everyone.

Rather interesting point.  I'd say it CAN be like that, conversely they can also pretty much do whatever they want, and they have enough power that the labels have to go along with it.  The Beatles only were able to do what they did from Rubber Soul onwards by being so popular people would have bought a record of them all farting.

Popular music has to be a balance between what the artist wants to do, and what their audience wants to hear.  You probably won't get a metal album by Adele as a result, but you might get a shock somewhere.

Apparently, though this may be bollocks, there are a few fun out of character tracks on the new Adele album.
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15475
    I have a secret confession, I do quite like that sort of anthemic soul ballad she does, and IMO she does it pretty well. Don't get me wrong, I don't like them enough to actually part with my ill gottens, but if it's free to listen I will go out of my way to bend a lug 'ole to.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• CaseOfAceCaseOfAce Frets: 1304
    edited October 2021
    dindude said:
    I kinda feel sorry for their creative freedom when operating at Adele / Ed Sheehan levels - it’s Coca Cola - they simply can’t get it wrong and have to appeal to everyone. Within that constraint I think she’s down a good job with the new song, glad that it hasn’t got Celine Dion type production, and it does have some interesting melodic / harmonic elements. Still seems strangely sanitised though and not something I’d listen too other than an appreciative nod when it comes on the radio. Ed’s latest stuff is shit though. 
    This makes the assumption that Adele (and Ed)  actually want creative freedom. 
    Somehow I can't picture Adele sat at home in her Hollywood Hills mansion listening to Bulgarian monk chants thinking .. yep that's what I need in the 2nd single. We're not talking Kate Bush here.
    I can't blame 'em really - they've both been phenomenally successfully at the furrow they've ploughed.. I think we can pretty much expect them to deliver to their record labels more of the same, again and again.

And I'll add - you might not necessarily like her music - but Celine Dion is an absolutely phenomenal singer. World class.
    ...she's got Dickie Davies eyes...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Just totally randomly saw this video of Adele being rather adorable you might all enjoy...

Adele Loves Photobombing Her Fans! - Adele: Live in London - YouTube
  • maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 549
    Fuck NO ! ! ! ! not more FFS ! ! . . . Lovely woman I'm sure but NOT my cup of Tea . . 
    Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  ! 

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22515
    Just totally randomly saw this video of Adele being rather adorable you might all enjoy...

Adele Loves Photobombing Her Fans! - Adele: Live in London - YouTube
    I think I'm immune to her charm, although I'm sure she's very nice.
    maw4neu said:
    Fuck NO ! ! ! ! not more FFS ! ! . . . Lovely woman I'm sure but NOT my cup of Tea . . 

You may want to steer clear of all media in the latter half of November ;)
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom