SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Screen for MacBook Pro Retina 13” 2014

My screen is broken. My 2014 MacBook Pro hasn’t missed a beat and in a freak accident I broke the scree. After a few phone calls I’m told finding one of these is like finding the Holy Grail. Just my luck! A long shot to see if any forumites know of a secret screen store ! 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7141
    It will probably cost more than a new Mac, but you might get lucky. You could try my mate Rob's business as he repairs Macs.

https://www.overair.co.uk

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

• the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1795
    What about a house contents claim and get a new one (or second hand, similar vintage one if you'd prefer)?
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18729
    edited October 2021
    I'd keep an eye out on ebay for second hand (probably A1502) screens or donor machines.
    There are places that sell replacement screens at almost affordable prices, but they are out of stock  https://www.laptopscreen.co.uk/Apple-MACBOOK+PRO+13+RETINA+A1502+(MID+2014)-model.htm
  • monoaminemonoamine Frets: 506
    the_jaffa said:
    What about a house contents claim and get a new one (or second hand, similar vintage one if you'd prefer)?

This. I've got the same macbook as you and they just aren't available.
    1979 Tokai TE-85
    1980 Tokai LS-80
  • Thanks all ! I will follow up on suggestions 
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10404
    You can buy the whole LCD assembly, I change them all the time in my work. 

mcmacparts on ebay have been a reliable source for me. I prefer to buy genuine Apple used assemlys in grade A rather than the grey market cloned assemblies which aren't the same quality. Make sure you get the right screen, the Axxx number isn't enough in some cases as the LVDS can change on the same model ....A1398 early 2013 is different from the A1398 late 2013 models for example. If in doubt ask the supplier.
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • thanks