Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

SQUID

What's Hot

Comments

• MatthewShredderyMatthewShreddery Frets: 861
    edited October 2021
    Ooh forgot to add - I found it to be a bit slow in places, but on the whole a pretty gripping watch.  Nice and dark and gorey just how I like them! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2158
    I'm gonna rewatch it with subs now. I didn't even realise until after I'd watched it. 
    It'll be interesting to see what details were omitted.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1297
    I can't stand English dubbing on Asian cinema or TV.  I can just about manage it on animation if the actors are good.  They usually aren't.

The VIPs were quite amusing, I'm assuming that they weren't over dubbed into English again for those that watched with English audio, but they were like video game characters, trotting off phrases and clichés in a really fake way.  They really stood out.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I thought 001 was the worst acting both the voice actor and the actual actor. I mean to an extent the voice actor prob had to try to fit the ridiculous expression on the dudes face 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    sinbaadi said:
    The VIPs were quite amusing, I'm assuming that they weren't over dubbed into English again for those that watched with English audio, but they were like video game characters, trotting off phrases and clichés in a really fake way.  They really stood out.
    There seem to be a small number of Western actors who base themselves in the Far East so they can get occasional work playing British or American criminals or businessmen.  I imagine they spend the other 11 months of the year running pubs, fish & chips shops or American diners.  They are the worst actors in the world. 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    I hate dubbed stuff, I can't get past how wrong it looks. 

The mrs watched a TV series and didn't even realise that it was dubbed!
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15927
    Watched the last episode......deary, deary me, saw that twist comin' a mile off and what a crappy last episode

No interest in series 2 at all
    tae be or not tae be
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12315
    I thought 001 was the worst acting both the voice actor and the actual actor. I mean to an extent the voice actor prob had to try to fit the ridiculous expression on the dudes face 
    I quite liked the old guy, I thought the curly haired woman was actually far worse. I did wonder if the overdoing the facial expressions and hamming it up is a cultural thing? 
  • boogieman said:
    I thought 001 was the worst acting both the voice actor and the actual actor. I mean to an extent the voice actor prob had to try to fit the ridiculous expression on the dudes face 
    I quite liked the old guy, I thought the curly haired woman was actually far worse. I did wonder if the overdoing the facial expressions and hamming it up is a cultural thing? 
    I think it is, definitely.

I have no idea how it's the most watched show on Netflix. It's so-so.
  • notanonnotanon Frets: 604
    boogieman said:
    I think it is, definitely.

I have no idea how it's the most watched show on Netflix. It's so-so.
    It's a bubble - ppl gotta watch it b/c of the hype. It's just OK IMO.
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3062
    Hootsmon said:
    Watched the last episode......deary, deary me, saw that twist comin' a mile off and what a crappy last episode

No interest in series 2 at all
    I wanted to tell you at the start of this thread…. But others seemed convinced, so I left it. 

It was ok until the last episode, which was utter shite. 
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11814
    edited October 2021
    The decision the lead made in the last episode is out of character IMO.  It feels like it is done for a sequel, not in line with what happened up until that point.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11791
    The decision the lead made in the last episode is out of character IMO.
    yeah, he was a real chancer before

is it supposed to be survivor guilt?
    I was happy enough to watch with English dubbing

I think that reading subtitles distracts too much from the facial expressions and body language

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11814

Don't think so.

SPOILER …..

Survivor guilt would be what he was doing when he won…he was living like a hobo for like over a year, not spending the money.  That's the guilt.  But clearly he got over that and start dressing smarter…and then he thought he would take it on and give them a heads up ???
  • I tried watching it.

But the in-laws were all seething over Korea/Japan hate stemming from 1446, and I kept getting distracted by all the demands for sepukku going on around me.

My wife is not Korean.

Bye!

• With any foreign language film, subtitles all day long for me. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom

Don't think so.

SPOILER …..

Survivor guilt would be what he was doing when he won…he was living like a hobo for like over a year, not spending the money.  That's the guilt.  But clearly he got over that and start dressing smarter…and then he thought he would take it on and give them a heads up ???
    ah, I thought you meant the hobo year

edited October 2021
    With any foreign language film, subtitles all day long for me. 
    Can I ask why?

My perspective is that most of the world watch English films with dubbed audio, it's quite normal and a lot of expertise has been developed

What do you think is better about subtitles? It's always been a mystery to me why some people prefer them
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2377
    Watched the last episode yesterday, and yeah - real change of character in the lead. Did quite like the 'twist' with who was behind it all though.