SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Two Rock Studio Signature. Sold

What's Hot
AllthegearNoideaAllthegearNoidea Frets: 293
edited November 2021 in Amps £
Hi
Selling this amp which I bought new from Coda a few months ago as I’m probably giving up playing. However, I may be interested in cheaper Marshall amps such as the SV20H and cab. in PX just so I have something to play invade I change my mind. 

Excellent condition. 

I have the box so can post at buyers cost and risk. I would prefer to meet to do any deal. 

£2500

https://imgur.com/a/34mk5g1

SPECS for both combo and head below.

• 2 X 6L6 35 WATT POWER SECTION WITH GAIN AND MASTER CONTROLS
  • 3 POSITION GAIN STRUCTURE SWITCH – BLACKFACE, TRADITIONAL TWO-ROCK, SCHOFIELD SIG
  • TREBLE, MID AND BASS WITH VERTICAL TOGGLE BOOST FUNCTIONS
  • PASSIVE EFFECTS LOOP
  • COMBO SPEAKER TR12-65B
  • HEAD: 15.625″ WIDE, 9.125″ TALL, 10″ DEEP, 26 LBS
  • COMBO: 15.625″ WIDE, 19.25″ TALL, 10.5″ DEEP, 42 LBS
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9532
    I have exactly the same amp now, and it's my No.1

Amazing amp.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I have exactly the same amp now, and it's my No.1

Amazing amp.
    Thanks Waz. It really is but I’m not really using it to it’s potential and I’ve seen a couple of amps that might be more suitable for the sound I want. 
  • CastroCastro Frets: 512
    I've had mine, also from Coda, for several months. 

Fantastic clean tones, great dirt too especially when it's cranked. Works beautifully with the Tone King Ironman II.

Highly recommended.
  • Castro said:
    I've had mine, also from Coda, for several months. 

Fantastic clean tones, great dirt too especially when it's cranked. Works beautifully with the Tone King Ironman II.

Highly recommended.
    I’ve never really thought of using an attenuator with this amp. I’d like to try that as I’ve just been using it with pedals. 
  • Too good to let go. 
  • BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2177
    Maybe try a volume pedal in the FX loop. 
    The Tone King isn't cheap but it's worth every penny. It has a direct out that goes straight to your interface for recording. Let me know if you have any questions about it.
  • @castro and @Barnezy thank you. I’m away from home again tonight but I’ll be in touch for some advice. 

The direct out could be useful. 

Thanks 
  • BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2177
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9532
    edited October 2021
    Castro said:
    The Tone King isn't cheap but it's worth every penny. It has a direct out that goes straight to your interface for recording. Let me know if you have any questions about it.
    Hiya mate, would you share how you use the TK with the TR ?

I run my TR at home, and it works well, but I did own a TK Ironman II once and was very impressed with it.

The Studio Signature for me, is a very powerful amp, robust, forward and instant sounding. Harder to get those warm clean valve amps sounds initially , but I've had some success lowering the T B M knobs. The EQ is SO powerful on the TR.

I was wondering how the TK Ironman II helps out with such settings

Thanks in advance.
    Hey @Wazmeister I agree that that the TRSS is very versatile. With boost options for treble, mid and bass plus presence and 3 options on the back, clean, Matt Schofield and a different clean, it can do so much.

I put my modulations, reverbs and delays through the TR effects loop. My guitar goes into my Pettyjohn chime and a variety of ODs and distortion and then to the front of the amp.

As the TR speaker isn't hard wired, the jack from that goes into the back of the TK SPEAKER 8 ohm input. Then a cable from the amp's speaker input to the back of the TK AMPLIFIER input the cabling side of things.

From there is all about having fun ramping up the gain on the TR whilst attenuating to get your desired volume level in the room. The TR has some gorgeous dirtiness that the TK allowed you to enjoy without bothering your tinnitus too much.

A cable from the TK line out straight into the guitar input of the UA Apollo Twin and you can record to your hearts content.
  • Up
  • New photo bump
  • Up
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16095
    Can I make a suggestion........you have a fine amp with a broad repertoire and great clean platform.
    I have sat and listened very carefully when playing a Marshall / Friedman alongside a really good Marshall sound type pedal going through a good Tweed style or even Blackface amp.......a bit of tweaking and the difference is negligable really.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Dominic said:
    Can I make a suggestion........you have a fine amp with a broad repertoire and great clean platform.
    I have sat and listened very carefully when playing a Marshall / Friedman alongside a really good Marshall sound type pedal going through a good Tweed style or even Blackface amp.......a bit of tweaking and the difference is negligable really.
    It’s not really about the amp which is fantastic. It’s about where my head is at the moment. 
  • Dominic said:
    It’s not really about the amp which is fantastic. It’s about where my head is at the moment. 
    But thank you and I appreciate your  comment. 
  • ^
  • ttt