SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WITHDRAWN: Fishman Fluence SSA Single Coil

What's Hot
SlimbertSlimbert Frets: 336
edited October 2021 in Parts £
Bought this a good while ago on the forum. The plan I had for it didn't happen, so it's been sat doing nothing for way too long.

Boxed, as new, and I'm pretty sure it has everything with it, including volume and tone pots, and both black and white covers.

Just looking to get my money back, which I think was £40 including postage. That price assumes payment via PayPal Friends and Family or BT.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SlimbertSlimbert Frets: 336
    Up we go!
    Bump for offers!
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14424
    Bad news, I'm afraid.

What you have is a Fishman Fluence SSP model pickup in SSA packaging.

The significance of this is that the SSP is only suitable for the neck position of a HSS guitar. 

Looking at the official schematic wiring diagrams and a Ken Susi video, the SSP has to piggyback off the central SSA pickup.

I am still trying to figure out whether the same trick is possible in the centre position of the Gristle Tone set for Telecaster. (I suspect not!)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Bad news, I'm afraid.

What you have is a Fishman Fluence SSP model pickup in SSA packaging.

The significance of this is that the SSP is only suitable for the neck position of a HSS guitar. 

Looking at the official schematic wiring diagrams and a Ken Susi video, the SSP has to piggyback off the central SSA pickup.

I am still trying to figure out whether the same trick is possible in the centre position of the Gristle Tone set for Telecaster. (I suspect not!)

Sincere thanks for that info.

Item withdrawn from sale while I figure out what the heck to do with it!
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14424
    Fishman has an annoying habit of only offering pickups in pre-determined combinations.

Ideally, a punter would purchase one Fishman bridge position humbucker, one SSA for the middle position and your SSP for the neck position.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.