Smash Mouth car crash performance yikes

What's Hot
robertyroberty Frets: 10893
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BillDLBillDL Frets: 7206
    edited October 2021
    Don't feel bad for him.  Feel bad for me, because I have no idea who Smash Mouth are or were.

Don't festival organisers check whether bands or artists are still performing up to an acceptable standard before booking them?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    BillDL said:
    Don't feel bad for him.  Feel bad for me, because I have no idea who Smash Mouth are or were.

Don't festival organisers check whether bands or artists are still performing up to an acceptable standard before booking them?
    They were inexplicably huge in the 1990s and more recently became a bit of a meme
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    BillDL said:

They had two songs on the soundtrack of Shrek ( All Star and I’m a Believer) which made them famous for five minutes so I guess if you’ve watched the film you will have heard them. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7206
    I felt compelled to go and watch the official vevo video for All Star on YouTube.  The years have not been kind to the chubby faced singer with the pencil thin "beard" drawn onto his face with a fuzzy felt-tip pen in the video.  In the car crash performance he has aged considerably, either from poor health or bad lifestyle choices.
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3065
    Back in the day, Smash Mouth made a few good pop songs with accompanying fun videos.    I hope he gets himself sorted. 
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4999
    last line from the bands wiki page

"Prior to Harwell's last show, the band was already performing with a substitute singer ostensibly filling in while Harwell dealt with his health issues."
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    BillDL said:

They had two songs on the soundtrack of Shrek ( All Star and I’m a Believer) which made them famous for five minutes so I guess if you’ve watched the film you will have heard them. 
    I didn't know about the Shrek thing. Maybe that's why they became a meme. This guy's whole YouTube is just him singing All Star by Smash Mouth over various other songs. This one has 3 million views

• yockyyocky Frets: 809
    roberty said
    I didn't know about the Shrek thing. Maybe that's why they became a meme. This guy's whole YouTube is just him singing All Star by Smash Mouth over various other songs. This one has 3 million views

Amazing. I have no desire to watch this but I love that it exists. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom