Headstock Decal Design Online

What's Hot
Does anyone know of an online decal service who use Fender/Gibson style fonts where it is possible to preview your chosen wording prior to ordering? 

Cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8820
    tFB Trader
    I believe Rothko and Frost do this.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26745
    Rothko & Frost will definitely send you a digital proof before making the decal if you ask. You’ll need to contact them by email rather than going for the off-the-shelf options on their site, but their work is great. I have several.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks for the replies...
    I believe Rothko and Frost do this.
    I tried Rothko and Frost but unless I'm doing something wrong I can't get a preview online.

Rothko & Frost will definitely send you a digital proof before making the decal if you ask. You’ll need to contact them by email rather than going for the off-the-shelf options on their site, but their work is great. I have several.
    Uhmm, to much faffing for me if that's the case as I find with graphics you need to fiddle a little to get the balance right. Having said that, it maybe the only option, other than trying to find the fonts they use and installing them in my own graphics editor.

Any more options anyone is aware of?

Can anyone recommend a good Fender (this in particular) and Gibson style font?
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3044
    edited October 2021
    https://www.facebook.com/nerkysdecals

He will design your decal in your choice of font and send you a preview….not quite what you want, but they are very good…
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26745

Uhmm, to much faffing for me if that's the case as I find with graphics you need to fiddle a little to get the balance right. Having said that, it maybe the only option, other than trying to find the fonts they use and installing them in my own graphics editor.

The key thing to note is a good logo isn't just a word in an existing font; it's a fully-fledged bit of design that needs to be done by a human. There isn't a good off-the-shelf Fender font because Fender themselves never used one.

The whole point is it's minimal faff with R&F - tell them what you want written and in what style (early 50's Strat logo, mid-70's P-bass, or whatever) and they make that up for you. I've had several - one using their standard "Brush Script" which is a simple Fenderish font, and multiple done properly. The difference is clear: 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SlopeSoarerSlopeSoarer Frets: 782
    edited October 2021

The key thing to note is a good logo isn't just a word in an existing font; it's a fully-fledged bit of design that needs to be done by a human. There isn't a good off-the-shelf Fender font because Fender themselves never used one.

The whole point is it's minimal faff with R&F - tell them what you want written and in what style (early 50's Strat logo, mid-70's P-bass, or whatever) and they make that up for you. I've had several - one using their standard "Brush Script" which is a simple Fenderish font, and multiple done properly. The difference is clear: 

Thanks, makes sense. Good call on the Brush Script too, it is a really good starting point without messing others about until I think I'm there or thereabouts.

By the way... nice headstocks! 
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16541
    This one is a standard Fender style font I downloaded from somewhere

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That's cool:-) 
  • I've just used this service:
    http://guitardecals.co.uk/index.html
    There is no preview facility, but you can specify your wording for each section.  I used the "Modern Strat" option (even though I was modding a Mustang!) and it's come out fine.  I'll post a pic tomorrow if you're interested
  • Yeah definitely, we always like pictures:-) I'll have a look at the website as well. Thanks for the heads up.
  • I'll be using Rothko and Frost again for my next one, they send two, they're bespoke and they don't crack like some of the pre-printed ones.

I love the thin silver spaghetti logo they did for my guitar "The Jenny Haniver"

the designed it, sent me images via email prior to printing it.

• Looks very good, so much better than a bare headstock. Thanks for posting.
  • Here's mine from guitar decals.  It was for a modded bullet Mustang (so historical accuracy wasn't the issue!) - but I upgraded it to a gold Squier and kept the serial number:

• thermionicthermionic Frets: 9498
    Somebody needs to build a partscaster and make up a “Squire” decal for it…
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Here's mine from guitar decals.  It was for a modded bullet Mustang (so historical accuracy wasn't the issue!) - but I upgraded it to a gold Squier and kept the serial number:

Does look a good quality decal, thanks!