Guy Martin's TT Lap

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• DominicDominic Frets: 16080
    it's the very definition of insanity
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1377
    I was trying to find that Conor Cummings off the other day. According to wiki he sustained a badly broken left arm, two bone fractures in his back, a dislocated knee and ligament damage, bruising to his lungs and a hairline fracture to his pelvis. 

His day job is a barista
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • MtBMtB Frets: 922
    edited October 2021
    I've been to the TT 4 times, all in the mid 1980s. That was the Joey Dunlop era, and he was setting the formula1 lap record at 115mph average (1987). It's now Peter Hickman at 135mph.....   
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2545
    I was there that year and was a bit frustrated that Guy didn’t win as he could have passed Michael Dunlop numerous times. 

The TT is the ultimate motorcycle race. The racers know the risks but for them it’s the pinnacle of bravery and endurance.

I’ve been a few times, this is a video I did of 2014, with clips of me hoofing it over the mountain. I was probably going at 1/3 speed of the TT racers.

https://youtu.be/c7Y23izdFhI
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Some nice lines on the mountain there
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4908
    Enjoyed that, @cruxiform ; :) 
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2545
    edited October 2021
    Thanks, my riding these days is more about self-preservation  =)
    So is mine.........I keep an even keener eye out for speed traps and unmarked cars as I blurr the time/space continuum
  • MtBMtB Frets: 922
    .........and unmarked police bikes..
  • MtB said:
    What gets me is that they have these big "offs" but still go back there and race again. 
    Another frightening one is Conor Cummins "off" at the Verrandah, again at the IoM.

He was 'lucky' that he bounced clean over that drystone wall.
    I'll get a round to buying a 'real' guitar one day.
    Funny you should say that ......a few years back.I was getting a good speed on when a  BMW k1300 Msport came flying past me on A1 near Biggleswade ........he must have been 150mph..
    I met him at some services later in the day......he remembered me by my distinctive open face helmet .....he was Police but not traffic,plain clothes and armed .Had a good chat ;told me he wasn't interested in traffic but we discussed speed and he told me that a couple off years before he was stopped at 160mph on A2 by Traffic Cops who were about to summarily execute him until they realised he was ' in the Job ' ....but he still had to prove he was on a 'Live ' call.