Morley effects loop corrector

What's Hot
hessodreamyhessodreamy Frets: 116
Anyone got any experience with these? I got one as my fx loop was overloading my pedals, but it seems the level returned to the amp is too low. 

This is amp send->loop corrector->amp return ie no pedals. I’ve connected the jacks in the order described and tried all the other combinations too. 

Is it normal that the return level is lower than the send level? Tbh I’m not sure how a passive device could get the signal back to original level. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2569
    tFB Trader
    Anyone got any experience with these? I got one as my fx loop was overloading my pedals, but it seems the level returned to the amp is too low. 

This is amp send->loop corrector->amp return ie no pedals. I’ve connected the jacks in the order described and tried all the other combinations too. 

Is it normal that the return level is lower than the send level? Tbh I’m not sure how a passive device could get the signal back to original level. 
    not used one, but if you are using it to reduce the effects send level and there is no additional gain stage to boost the signal back up then the return level will be really low. 

Really the box should have a return gain stage and an adjustable level for this.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • howard_moonhoward_moon Frets: 17
    edited October 2021
    I had similar problem with an old Laney head and GLab loop adapter did the trick and sent the Morley back.
    https://kytary.co.uk/g-lab-amp-loop-adapter-ala-1/HN110105/

• I had similar problem with an old Laney head and GLab loop adapter did the trick and sent the Morley back.
    https://kytary.co.uk/g-lab-amp-loop-adapter-ala-1/HN110105/

That looks interesting. Can’t seem to find them anywhere, but it has led me towards some other similars like the kleinulator
  • Let me have a bit scout about think i still have mine boxed up and not using it,  probably let it go for 40 ish if interested.
  • Let me have a bit scout about think i still have mine boxed up and not using it,  probably let it go for 40 ish if interested.
    I may well be interested in that mate. 
  • 'We need a product for a problem that possibly doesn't exist, or at least is incredibly rare'

'how about an effect loop corrector, which is surely just a buffer with input and makeup gain controls ?'

'Perfect. Should we build it so it can actually do it's job, or...?'

'nah just get it shipped'

-Morley R&D Meeting Notes
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 'We need a product for a problem that possibly doesn't exist, or at least is incredibly rare'

'how about an effect loop corrector, which is surely just a buffer with input and makeup gain controls ?'

'Perfect. Should we build it so it can actually do it's job, or...?'

'nah just get it shipped'

-Morley R&D Meeting Notes
    Pretty much. Having more attenuation than makeup gain-what a shite idea. 

In unrelated news - there’ll be one in the classifieds soon!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sent PM fella