Amp mod and writing on the rear panel of the amp

What's Hot
AmigoAmigo Frets: 119
edited October 2021 in Amps
I have a Fender III v2 and I wish to add a couple of jacks sockets at the back to make it usable as a 1x12 cabinet or to send the output to an external cabinet. I would also like to make it look nice, by adding writing on the back panel of the amp, to tell which is which, white letters on the black panel. Any ideas what options I have for writing letters in an easy, yet durable way?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Alex2678Alex2678 Frets: 1098
    Dymo is easiest, fairly durable 
  • AmigoAmigo Frets: 119
    Dymo seems to sell labelling machines, so print a label and stick it. I was thinking more like heat transfer letters or some other sticking material.
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8693
    Silver pen?
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • Alex2678Alex2678 Frets: 1098
    Yeah it’s just sticky labels but they have decent glue on them, I use them on pedals without issue. Beyond that it’s not really my area of expertise 
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    I use a white paint marker I bought off ebay.
    It's oil based and seems pretty durable.
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    Tell me what you want and PM me your address and I'll send you the labels from my Brother label printer.  Colour options are  white on black, black on yellow, red on clear, white on clear, black on clear.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AdeyAdey Frets: 2248
    Silver pen and lacquer over?
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2285
    I use a Brother label machine with a white-on-black tape.
  • Letraset! 
    edited October 2021
    A picture is worth a thousand words, so here is what I would like to achieve, i.e. adding the AMP OUT and SPEAKER IN text above the holes for the female jacks.

The idea is that I will fit 5A mono jack sockets, and in normal use they will be connected with a 5A patch cable. Then if I want to send the signal out to an external cabinet, I can plug the cabinet in AMP OUT, and if I want to use it as a speaker cabinet with an external head, I can do that too through SPEAKER IN. The text size is approximate, could be a touch smaller, and maybe in Bold, ideally in white to match the rest of the text, but this is the idea.
    Alex2678 said:
    Yeah it’s just sticky labels but they have decent glue on them, I use them on pedals without issue. Beyond that it’s not really my area of expertise 
    I have something similar, I found in my cupboards, a Brother Label printer, push come shove I'll use that because it does have decent glue on, but if I can sort out the aesthetics to match what is there already... :)
    Sassafras said:
    I use a white paint marker I bought off ebay.
    It's oil based and seems pretty durable.
    Any suggestion as to which? Maybe I could do that over a stencil. Options are good :)hywelg said:
    Tell me what you want and PM me your address and I'll send you the labels from my Brother label printer.  Colour options are  white on black, black on yellow, red on clear, white on clear, black on clear.
    That is very kind of you, thank you very much. I have a Brother label printer, but I only have the black on white option. If other options don't work, I may come back to you, if that is all right, with some white on black. I can pay, or pay the forum in return.
    Roland said:
    Silver pen?
    Adey said:
    Silver pen and lacquer over?
    That is also an option, any links to the products you are suggesting?
    Keefy said:
    I use a Brother label machine with a white-on-black tape.
    Yes, I might check to see if I can buy black tape and white ribbons for my label printer, or whatever else they use.
    Letraset! 
    That brings back memories. That would be an option, but hard to find white letters of the desired size. Any website that sells a large selection of them?
    One potential fly in the ointment that I thought about: I can find female jack rated at 5A, but are there 1/4" TS patch cables rated at 5A?