Guitar Shops in London

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Whitecat said:
    I guess the other thing worth thinking about is that if you’re by Waterloo already anyway then it’s not too far to get to Guitar Village in Farnham and even quicker to get to Anderton’s in Guildford. Not sure what their systems are at the moment for accepting customers, but it’s an option. 
    Guitar Village is open as usual Monday to Saturday, shut Sundays. I was in there this week. Decent selection of Fenders across all the ranges, some really eye-catching fancy Gretsches, an ok selection of acoustics and a few Gibsons. There's a room full of PRS, too, if that's your thing.

Some of their vintage stuff, however, has been there for the entirity of the 4 years I've lived nearby which should tell you a lot of what you need to know about that side of things...

Oh, and it's about £30 return from Waterloo to Farnham on the train and takes just over an hour. Farnham's a nice afternoon out but the train is a rip.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3831
    There's always a room full of PRS. 
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4974
    Loobs said:
    There's always a room full of PRS. 
    Sounds like the plot to an extreme horror film.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    edited October 2021
    I live halfway between GG in Epsom and Andertons in Guildford. They're just shops. You can walk around them in about 45 seconds. The trains are crap. Honestly don't spend an irredeemable day of your life schlepping out to them from the smoke, have a lie in, nice brekkie and see some sights with the Mrs.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • BodBod Frets: 1286
    rocktron said:
    Try PMT London Music Shop located at 

35-39 Old Street, Clerkenwell EC1V 9HX ·

within walking distance of Barbican, and Old Street Underground Stations. Barbican is closer.

https://www.pmtonline.co.uk/stores/london/

Check the map here:-

https://www.bing.com/maps?q=pmt+music+store+old+street+london&cvid=d5281dc51a9140deba74d412fd7e25cb&aqs=edge..69i57.28428j0j1&pglt=2081&FORM=ANNTA1&PC=HCTS
    I popped in there a couple of summers ago.  It's so small it really isn't worth making a special trip.  PMT Birmingham is worlds apart from the London store if you're ever that way.

I also echo others comments on Denmark Street.  Some nice little shops with friendly staff, but it's really run down and I don't expect the stores there will be able to stick around for much longer. 
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9551
    Loobs said:
    Get train to Guitar Guitar in Epsom?
    This. Do ‘The Surrey Triangle’ - GG in Epsom, Guitar Village in Farnham, and Andertons in Guildford.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • Vintage-TVintage-T Frets: 405
    Unexpected shop #1 
    Third Man Records

Triplegraph snagged!!!

Gonna visit Guitar Guitar in Camden, maybe swing by Denmark street, but i think that’s all I’ll have time for.

Awesome suggestions though
  • ZoonyboyZoonyboy Frets: 161
    Anyone thinking of New Kings Road Vintage Emporium? Always happy there for me! Worth a phone call.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    HAL9000 said:
    Loobs said:
    Get train to Guitar Guitar in Epsom?
    This. Do ‘The Surrey Triangle’ - GG in Epsom, Guitar Village in Farnham, and Andertons in Guildford.
    Or alternatively you could head North to Coda in Stevenage.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • rocktronrocktron Frets: 806
    PMT Music Store London tour with Dagan, and Meg.

This video was recorded in May 2021:-

This one was recorded in July 2021:-