Problems registering used Line 6 product…or getting screwed on eBay

What's Hot
chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3963
edited October 2021 in FX
I’ve sold my HX Effects and the buyer said he can’t register it and it he’s getting a message saying it’s stolen, has anyone encountered this before? I bought it new so I know it’s not!

I’ve bought and sold a few HX products and never had an issue.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 4768
    edited October 2021
    Did you de/unregister it from your own account? Line 6 might think it's still yours... ;-) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12663
    Did you de/unregister it from your own account? Line 6 might think it's still yours... ;-) 
    This.
    *You* need to unregister it first.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3963
    I checked and it’s not registered, but I hadn’t removed it before I sold it…
    I think the guy is trying to do me over, he’s saying he can’t use the unit properly because he can’t register it, but he might be happy with a partial refund…

Fuck eBay for allowing this shit.

I’ve kindly asked him to contact Line 6 support and also provide proof it’s not functioning properly.

• I think the guy is trying to do me over, he’s saying he can’t use the unit properly because he can’t register it, but he might be happy with a partial refund…

Fuck eBay for allowing this shit.

I’ve kindly asked him to contact Line 6 support and also provide proof it’s not functioning properly.

Omg , the cheeky bugger he’s obviously scamming for some money off, sickening 
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7163
    What good would a "partial refund" be if the buyer still can't use it?  Can he/she still get some limited use out of it without it being registered?  If eBay tries to shovel this one through you really need to contest the decision and either ask for time to try and retrospectively cancel your licence to allow him/her to register it properly, or else refund the seller in full and get your device back in the same condition it was when you posted it. (https://uk.line6.com/account/licenses/instructions/)

• I've often wondered about having something returned to me because it isn’t working and, in fact, it's not the one I sold them. And then I started logging proof of serial numbers before shipping. If you have the serial number still, whatI'd do now is try and register it with Line 6 - just to prove it can be done. And then offer to do it for your buyer, too. They sound dodgy.
    You can edit and program everything on the unit but of course he should be able to register it for the editing software and updates.

I do struggle to believe that Line 6 sends a “stolen” message up when someone tries to register a pre-owned device with the number of their products changing hands on a daily basis.

Also he should be able to resolve any registration issues via Line 6 support.

I have put a call into eBay to get a bit of advice in case if he goes any further and they said that I am allowed to request evidence (screenshots or photos) before accepting a return request and they also agreed that he should use the manufacturer’s support to resolve any registration issues.

Perhaps it could be user error but the mention of partial refund raises huge doubts for me. If it was for a cosmetic issue fair enough, but as he’s saying he can’t use properly, how could a partial refund help?!

He said he’s raised a ticket with Line 6 and he’s also being quite rude.

I’ll just have to wait and see what happens now (and try to stop letting it get to me in the meantime)

• BillDLBillDL Frets: 7163
    If I bought a paperback copy of Gone With The Wind on eBay and it turned out to be the Hindi translation (useless to me unless it had nice wee pictures to look at), it would be ridiculous for me to demand a partial refund.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18677
    ^   सच कहूं तो मेरे प्रिय, मुझे कोई आपत्ति नहीं है   ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom