Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Is there a well known band you'd have liked to have been in?

What's Hot

Comments

• poopot said:
    Girls aloud… only coz i think Ashley Cole is a hottie!…
    Do you mean Ashley Cole get the former England left back or his attractive ex wife Cheryl ?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11670
    poopot said:
    Girls aloud… only coz i think Ashley Cole is a hottie!…
    Do you mean Ashley Cole get the former England left back or his attractive ex wife Cheryl ?
    I'd assume he would have been taking Cheryl's place in both the band and in the young footballer's affections.

Sadly, they actually have a real vacancy now :(
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15475
    As much as Robbie Robertson is a bit of a tit, I'd still say The Band.

And for the drinking and general debauchery, The Pogues. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6084
    Philly_Q said:
    Robin Trower, but then you'd have had to leave out Robin... which would be very disappointing for the audience.

So I'll say Wishbone Ash.  I can quite easily imagine myself (if I was a much better player) as one of the many relatively anonymous guitar sidekicks Andy Powell has had in the years since their glory days.  I'd have made them a bit rockier too
    I forgot about Wishbone Ash. I saw them play many times during the later 70s. Damn they were good live.
     I'd have loved to have played in that band, but Laurie Wisefield beat me too it..and he was an incredible player.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5827
    I tend to say Bob Marley and the Wailers. People now would be saying ‘do you remember the fat white guy in the Wailers?'*
    The politics and gang involvement stuff would have been scarey but I think the memories would be amazing and potentially I could have stepped up to the plate skillwise as a side person. 

*Always fascinates me that Paul Kossoff ( to whom I'm not comparing myself as a guitarist!) was asked to be part of the touring band but passed on health grounds. Would have been interesting to hear (assuming Paul had his act together each night). 

We could have called you EricTheWailer. That would have been cool.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17485
    tFB Trader
    If I joined a band like Led Zeppelin or The Beatles I would have just made them worse so I'd probably say Foo Fighters as I like their music, I could probably keep up musically and they usually look like they are having fun.
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8774
    The Bangles :expressionless: 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoans said:
    The Bangles :expressionless: 
    I'll go one better than that!

The Roly Polys :)
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • As a guitar/keyboard player I so wanted to be Paul Raymond from UFO (rip) . I was privileged to see one of his last gigs at Rock City and still felt the same . 
  • Benm39Benm39 Frets: 696
    Mastodon seem like they would be fun to hang out with.  Or the Lounge Kittens...
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    Benm39 said:
    Mastodon seem like they would be fun to hang out with.  
    I think Brann, Bill and Troy might be fun to hang out with.  Brent seems too many shades of crazy for my liking.
  • Benm39Benm39 Frets: 696
    Brent certainly has some interesting wiring! Small doses perhaps,  but maybe not a year on the tour bus hehe
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14029
    tFB Trader
    I've always said the best job would to be a highly sought after session hired hand guitarist - Big reputation within the trade - Tour the world with many major acts - But be totally anonymous to the public - The likes of Madonna, Tina Turner etc etc all have to be careful when/where they hang out in public - The hired hand can go anywhere - But what a job working on those albums, tours, stadiums etc and be almost invisible to the public 
  • Open_GOpen_G Frets: 145
    I've always said the best job would to be a highly sought after session hired hand guitarist - Big reputation within the trade - Tour the world with many major acts - But be totally anonymous to the public - The likes of Madonna, Tina Turner etc etc all have to be careful when/where they hang out in public - The hired hand can go anywhere - But what a job working on those albums, tours, stadiums etc and be almost invisible to the public 
    Guy Pratt comes to mind
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1777
    edited October 2021
    Open_G said:
    Guy Pratt comes to mind
    He’d come to mind if I knew what he looked like. 

I too think that the session guy would be very cool. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Open_GOpen_G Frets: 145
    the_jaffa said:
    Open_G said:
    Guy Pratt comes to mind

Session bass player to many...

Probably most well known for his bassline on Like a Prayer, but also played on Earth Song, co wrote Jimmy Nail's Aint no Doubt and has played with Pink Floyd since the late 80s/early 90s
  • Open_G said:
    Guy Pratt comes to mind
    Guy Pratt is ace I’ve read his book 
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7029
    I often wonder whether I could have concentrated on my guitar parts if I had played in Transvision Vamp and had to look at Wendy James through an entire set.
  • the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1777
    Open_G said:
    the_jaffa said:
    Open_G said:
    Guy Pratt comes to mind

Probably most well known for his bassline on Like a Prayer, but also played on Earth Song, co wrote Jimmy Nail's Aint no Doubt and has played with Pink Floyd since the late 80s/early 90s
    Sorry, I know who he is, it was supposed to be a joke about the faceless session guy. Clearly a flop of a joke
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    edited October 2021
    the_jaffa said:
    Open_G said:
    the_jaffa said:
    Open_G said:
    Guy Pratt comes to mind

Sorry, I know who he is, it was supposed to be a joke about the faceless session guy. Clearly a flop of a joke
    I got it if that helps. 

Guy did some lockdown videos if anyone is interested in his approach ( and wants to see if they can recognise him).  
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell.