How to counter fizziness in Hudson Broadcast clone

EvanEvan Frets: 326
I’ve been using a Demiurge Hudson Broadcast clone into a little 5 watt Ibanez Tube Screamer amp with no problem for a year or so, then I replaced the Ibanez TSA5TVR with a new VibroChamp reverb and the Demiurge is sounding decidedly fizzy into that amp.

Has anybody experienced this with their Broadcasts? The Demiurge is a great sounding pedal, allegedly using identical components as the original, so I’d love to hear from anybody with a view on what’s causing this and how it might be overcome.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• merlinmerlin Frets: 6668
    Yup, I have one that sounds great but fizzes. Try mucking with the internal trim pots? 
  • EvanEvan Frets: 326
    merlin said:
    Yup, I have one that sounds great but fizzes. Try mucking with the internal trim pots? 
    I don’t think this one’s got any, I was wondering if running a certain type of drive pedal after it might help. 
    Just out of interest, did fiddling with the trim pots in yours help? I am thinking of maybe getting the real thing because I love the raw and uncouth nature of the damn thing.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17556
    tFB Trader
    If you want a pedal to run after it then a Timmy, ODR-1, OD3 or Liquid Sunshine would do a great job.
    edited October 2021
    If you want a pedal to run after it then a Timmy, ODR-1, OD3 or Liquid Sunshine would do a great job.
    I’ve got a Caline Blue Sky which is supposed to be a Timmy clone. Are you saying that this might reduce the fizz, or just that they stack well together?
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17556
    tFB Trader
    Evan said:
    I’ve got a Caline Blue Sky which is supposed to be a Timmy clone. Are you saying that this might reduce the fizz, or just that they stack well together?

It's naturally quite a smooth pedal that works into a clean Fender.

Stacking the Broadcast into it should work well.

The latest TPS on the DS1 has got some nice info about how pedals can be spikey into a clean Fender.

Evan said:

It's naturally quite a smooth pedal that works into a clean Fender.

Stacking the Broadcast into it should work well.

The latest TPS on the DS1 has got some nice info about how pedals can be spikey into a clean Fender.

I started watching that, so I better finish. Thanks for the tip.