SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTT your pearly gates for my JB

4on64on6 Frets: 86
edited October 2021 in Parts £
Don’t s’pose there’s anyone out there with a Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates who would be interested in exchange for my Seymour Duncan JB. 
Bridge position. It has zebra bobbins. Not too sure of any other spec but happy to measure things if you tell me where. 
It’s a nice popular pickup of course.. just a bit too fat and middly for me and stays quite fat when coil tapped. 
Hoping a pearly would give me just a tad more of the twang back in the Tele it’s going in when tapped... any comments? 
Alternatives considered!
May be tempted into small fiscal adjustment if deemed necessary. 
Regards

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14323
    4on6 said:
    Hoping a pearly would give me just a tad more of the twang back in the Tele it’s going in when tapped.
    The full output of a PG will not be much more than an early Fender Broadcaster pickup.

A coil split PG is going to have precious little output left. Might be wiser to try a partial or tuned coil split via either a capacitor, a resistor or both.

Additionally, check the string spacing at the bridge. You might require a "Trembucker".

IMO, you might be better served by either a Screamin' Demon or a Perpetual Burn.
    Be seeing you.
  • 4on64on6 Frets: 86
    Interesting!! The Fender Humbuckers in it at the moment do quite a decent job. But they are quite noisy and a little non descriptive. 
     I have a Seymour jazz that will go in the neck position that has sounded great to me in just about every guitar I’ve put it in  (about 4 guitars to date) and coil taps very nicely. 
    I wanted to complement that and I find the JB a bit barky and thick. Not awful but I think I’d prefer something a little more towards a vintage PAF.