So what's the deal with TS-10 prices going thru the roof?

What's Hot
CaseOfAceCaseOfAce Frets: 1327
edited October 2021 in FX
So which Joe Rockstar or YouTuber has started fanning the flames on these? 

Stevie Ray Vaughan and Gary Moore were the big name users of these...? but that was a long time ago?
...she's got Dickie Davies eyes...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JohnCordyJohnCordy Frets: 650
    John Mayer has been using them for years
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14411
    Gullible people believe what they read on t'Interweb.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72249
    Twenty years ago when the TS-808 and TS-9 were flavour of the month you couldn’t give these away… also justified by the shitty fragile jacks, pots and to some extent the switch/battery cover.

They sound the same as any other TS, except that the bypass is slightly better.

The Fat Cat Distortion was the best dirt pedal in the series anyway.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11860
    Hold onto anything long enough, it will come back into fashion.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7163
    Maybe if I encourage one of the YouTube "reviewers" to mention how good my old 80s "MIJ" Loco distortion pedal is I will be able to sell it for 400x the price I paid for it, despite the fact that it sounds like a wet fart.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've seen the sound tank and the Tone Lok series (much maligned back in the day, couldn't give them away!) have been selling for much more recently. Super weird.

For what it's worth, I really liked the tone Lok concept and the pedals sounded good. You get the sound you want, then push the pots back into the body so they won't get changed. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MrTeeMrTee Frets: 501
    edited October 2021
    Mayer. Ruined bluesbreakers for everyone too! 

Edit: @JohnCordy called it

• LoobsLoobs Frets: 3831
    Had one last year, sounded as crap as any other Tubescreamer I've heard... :#
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I've seen the sound tank and the Tone Lok series (much maligned back in the day, couldn't give them away!) have been selling for much more recently. Super weird.

For what it's worth, I really liked the tone Lok concept and the pedals sounded good. You get the sound you want, then push the pots back into the body so they won't get changed. 
    The DE7 is an underrated classic. Sounds much better than most other delays I've had. 
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2324
    Probably some drab blues player
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Loobs said:
    I've seen the sound tank and the Tone Lok series (much maligned back in the day, couldn't give them away!) have been selling for much more recently. Super weird.

The DE7 is an underrated classic. Sounds much better than most other delays I've had. 
    Is it underrated? I've seen it fetch some goooood prices!

What a great pedal it is
  • I have an original 1986 TS-9 I bought second hand in 1988 for 10 Deutschmarks, most people hated them because they had such low gain at the time. It even has the "wrong chip" which apparently makes it even more valuable, alas it is missing the base plate (no idea how it got lost). So probably worthless, but it works and does sound nice into a tube amp, which I don't have as I have gone Helix. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72249
    Loobs said:

The EM-5 Echomachine is great too. I used one in a 50s-style rock 'n' roll band for slapback, sounded fantastic. I think I paid £25 for it and sold it for about the same a few years later when I wasn't doing that sort of stuff any more.

I just saw what people are asking for them now!

https://reverb.com/uk/p/ibanez-soundtank-em5-echomachine-delay

WTF? It's a plastic digital delay pedal masquerading as analogue...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

joeyowen said:
    Loobs said:

What a great pedal it is
    I don't know. Most people I meet out gigging have never seen it or are surprised by it...?
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Loobs said:
    joeyowen said:
    Loobs said:

What a great pedal it is
    I don't know. Most people I meet out gigging have never seen it or are surprised by it...?
    fair points.  I think everyone who has used one liked it to be fair, but just not enough using it

Much like the Echo Park, it is just heavyyyy on a board
    Funny you should say that because the EP was my old favourite until it died one day for no reason. And yeah, way way too heavy!