Meet my Fender Lead Family

Wer nicht für Freiheit sterben kann, der ist der Kette wert.
0reaction image LOL 11reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Good stuff there, inc a Lead iii which I think is the most rare one (could be wrong). Good to see these appreciated. I have never actual heard the humbuckers. "Wide Range" of some kind? The singles were described as Wide Range, & they are different to a Strat- at least to me, though Strats vary a lot.
    Has the Lead i on the right got the strange finish "bloom" that Fenders of this age sometime had?- not trying to slag it off, it's just a fact that it happened. My old black Precision has it really bad. I just accept it as a kind of relic job now. Your Lead ii on the left looks mint.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11628
    I think that's very cool indeed.  An affordable herd (sorry) of  Leads.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14223
    tFB Trader
    I think it is quite cool to build up a 'themed' collection - collect the set as such 
  • Good stuff there, inc a Lead iii which I think is the most rare one (could be wrong). Good to see these appreciated. I have never actual heard the humbuckers. "Wide Range" of some kind? The singles were described as Wide Range, & they are different to a Strat- at least to me, though Strats vary a lot.
    Has the Lead i on the right got the strange finish "bloom" that Fenders of this age sometime had?- not trying to slag it off, it's just a fact that it happened. My old black Precision has it really bad. I just accept it as a kind of relic job now. Your Lead ii on the left looks mint.

Actually, both red Lead Is and the black one do to different extents.
  • I think it is quite cool to build up a 'themed' collection - collect the set as such 

I love the necks, they´re as if moulded to my hands. Plus, the humbuckers sound great. The Lead II is just necessary to have a complete collection.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22783
    I think it is quite cool to build up a 'themed' collection - collect the set as such 
    I've got a "set" of Gibson Juniors and Specials, it wasn't planned but I got two similar ones and then decided to get the other available models.  But I hardly ever play any of them.

This is a cool set of Fender Leads. :)
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4723
    Yes, cool family indeed. I've played a lot of different guitars over the last 50 years but must admit that I've never played one of these. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)