Anyone know a decent wedding band in Devon/Cornwall?

What's Hot
pjfpjf Frets: 331
For July 2022 :) 

If anyone knows of a good tight band playing around the Devon/Cornwall area (the wedding is in Lostwithiel, Cornwall) please let me know - even better if you have direct experience of them and can recommend them on that basis!

Music-wise I’m looking for a guitar-based mix of old classics that everyone knows the words to (Stones and the like) through to more modern tunes (I don’t know, probably Ed Sheeran?).

I would have loved to have a big soul band but apparently the stage space is quite limited - think 4 or 5-piece max really. 

Finally it would be awesome to get up and play a song or two with the band (I’ll be the groom) - so preferably a band that would be open to that kind of thing!

Thank you in advance for any recommendations. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MoominpapaMoominpapa Frets: 1649
    @pjf Might be worth dropping a PM to our own @JohnCordy , as he is in those parts and does I think do wedding gigs and is a shit-hot player to boot.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JohnCordyJohnCordy Frets: 650
    @pjf I play in a few bands and could steer you away from some of the agency stuff if you want to shoot me a DM I can hit you with some suggestions!
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16089
    The Wurzels ?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hasslehamhassleham Frets: 605
    Following with interest as I'm also getting married in Cornwall in July 2022 :) i haven't found any bands I'm particularly keen on yet! It probably doesn't help that I'm in my own wedding band so I'm overly critical haha.
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5143
    I’ve been learning ‘Wind cries Mary’ for the last 35 years…..I reckon I might have nailed it by July if the happy couple like a bit of Hendrix? 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pjfpjf Frets: 331
    JohnCordy said:
    @pjf I play in a few bands and could steer you away from some of the agency stuff if you want to shoot me a DM I can hit you with some suggestions!
    Thanks, John. Will drop you a message tomorrow! 
    tone1 said:
    I’ve been learning ‘Wind cries Mary’ for the last 35 years…..I reckon I might have nailed it by July if the happy couple like a bit of Hendrix? 
    Sounds like it’d be more than just the wind crying if you turned up  :)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16089
    hassleham said:
    Following with interest as I'm also getting married in Cornwall in July 2022 :) i haven't found any bands I'm particularly keen on yet! It probably doesn't help that I'm in my own wedding band so I'm overly critical haha.
    Get your own band there with a dep guitarist ( he may even be better ! )
  • You could try reverse engineering it from the Facebook group dep musicians uk-southwest 
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk