SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Vintera Roadworn 50s Strat £600 and a Rivolta

What's Hot
dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5730
edited November 2021 in Guitars £
As I am in indentured servitude to my Mistress GAS, here are a couple of lovely Strats up for grabs. Two very different takes on the art of presenting an aged guitar, for your delight.

SOLD The first is a Fender Vintera Road Worn 50s Stratocaster. Totally as it arrived Project Music a few months ago and in the very alluring satin Surf Green aged nitro finish. The neck is a very comfy, non offensive and typical Fender profile, the finish on the back is super thin and feels very slick. If this was wine tasting I'd describe the pickups as sweet and woody with a low output clarity that befits the 50s vibe it's going for. Comes with the usual Mexi gig bag and permission to say Daddy'O. The best price I can see for one of these is £920 so I'm asking £690

SOLD - The other is something unique. It started life as Mexican Classic 50s and has been completely taken back to bare wood and parts, refinished, aged and rebuilt. The body now has a thin nitro two tone burst that has been rubbed back and faded before the top coat was applied. So the look is very much ware from the outside and colour fade from the under the lacquer. The neck has had much the same process, so the checking is both beautiful and matching from head to toe. The pickups sound and behave almost identically on both guitars but the unplugged tone is quite different. The Vintera is quite balanced and even, this one is much lighter and more about sparkly top notes. It's just had a full fret dress and set up with the magical Andy Manners, so it's playing impeccably. Also has the standard Fender gig bag and yours for £650 and first refusal back to me if you sell  3

0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 886
    Pics of the Classic 50’s please.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5730
    All done now @Zoolooter :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113
    The second one is a stunner GLWS
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Oh my. That sunburst. 
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7108
    edited October 2021
    Blimey , what a gorgeous pair of guitars. 

Edit - I’ve had a message asking me for photography tips based on my earlier silly comment . To clarify , Dazza is a mate and happens to be a professional  photographer.  The only decent photos I’ve ever posted on here are ones that he had taken for me . I’m the last person on here to ask for photo tips !
  • James1981James1981 Frets: 150
    That second listing. The sunburst… oh that’s so very very nice indeed. GLWS 
    edited November 2021
    Okay, I’m starting to feel very unsure about letting the burst go. So let’s add this one to the party, every bit as wonderful but like all quality factory guitars, it’s replaceable. 

Withdrawn
    Rivolta Mondata XVIII in Burgandy Mist
    This one is just a few months old, bought after being really really impressed with the Mondata baritone. I was fairly skeptical about the whole Rivolta brand for a while, I know that Denis Fano's reputation speaks very loudly but they are still made by Eastwood and their reputation, when it comes to quality, is not always so hot. But seeing the retailers that have chosen to stock them did suggest they are a top level product. And you know what? They really are. 

The finish is deep and flawless, the fretwork is that of a premium brand, the set up it arrived with is excellent, the pickups have genuine character and it plays with a smooth low action. Oh.... and did I mention, it's sparkly and lovely

These are currently £1299. For as long as the object of my desire is available, you can snag yourself this one for £790
    0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Blimey , what a gorgeous pair of guitars. Glad to see those photography tips I passed on are starting to pay dividends too - keep at it !
    I owe you everything! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7825
    I can’t believe you’re selling the Mondata, it’s a fantastic guitar, adore mine, but yours is a way cooler colour. Did you mod the Bigsby?
    TheMarlin said:
    I can’t believe you’re selling the Mondata, it’s a fantastic guitar, adore mine, but yours is a way cooler colour. Did you mod the Bigsby?
    It’s a fabulous guitar, absolutely love it. But I have this bee stuck in my bonnet and this is replaceable down the line. And there is the bonus that I can sell one Mondata and still have one left. The Baritone is absolutely epic. 

No, I’ve not had the chance yet. Could end up not going anywhere though. 
  • I've got a Mondata and I cannot speak highly enough. Someone will be very happy with that if it goes. 

Now I need to go apologise to my black one for thinking sinful thoughts about your glittery pink tart. 
    I've got a Mondata and I cannot speak highly enough. Someone will be very happy with that if it goes. 

Now I need to go apologise to my black one for thinking sinful thoughts about your glittery pink tart. 
    Is that one of the black ones with the very red fretboard? They have the coolest Ric vibes.  <3
  • dazzajl said:
    I've got a Mondata and I cannot speak highly enough. Someone will be very happy with that if it goes. 

Is that one of the black ones with the very red fretboard? They have the coolest Ric vibes.  <3
    Good question! It's not red but it's definitely not as black as the ebony on my LP Studio. I'll sling some pics up on a NGD post when Iget a min.

They are really bloody cool aren't they? I took a punt on them because I liked the look and I haven't been disappointed. I really like the pickups, they're a bit hotter than I expected but somehow it works.

GLWTS Dazza. Ironically if I hadn't bought my Rivolta recently there'd be a space on my rack for that second Strat. But that's the game we play eh. 
  • GJK1959GJK1959 Frets: 54
    Bloody photography more seductive than the guitars.... almost..
    So is the sunburst now not up for grabs? 

previously 'retsacotarts' on music radar forum
    GJK1959 said:
    Bloody photography more seductive than the guitars.... almost..
    So is the sunburst now not up for grabs? 
    It is…… Eyes on the prize and all that  :3
  • The Mondata! Why won’t someone buy my acoustic?! Grrrr!
  • Hi dazzajl

I have sent a PM.  Oh - great photography, by the way!

Many thanks
  • SIME1963SIME1963 Frets: 72
    edited October 2021
    @dazzajl
    Messaged mate
    I've not got anything at this @SIME1963. Will keep an eye out :)
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2285
    That Rivolta put a smile my face when I played it.