Seagull Coastline S6 folk

What's Hot
I've taken a notion of a new acoustic and came across this. All the feedback I've seen has been good - these punch well above their price. Just wonder what others thought? Is there anything in particular that I should look out for?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8599
    Great guitars. Dreadfully ugly headstock. 
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 730
    tFB Trader
    @TheMadMick Great guitars - an S6 was my own personal first proper acoustic back in 1993. I still have it and wouldn't part with it. We just took delivery of some S6 Original in Burnt Umber and Natural S6 Coastline last week - beautiful finish and as you say they punch well above the competition.

www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
    edited October 2021
    One of the very few acoustics I own that I wouldn't part with. I have an S6+ Folk. Not sure without googling it the difference between an S6 and an S6+. I play acoustic like I play electrics, with a flat pick and fingers. No nails, no finger picks, just a pick and fingers, and it's easy to play, sounds great, and very lively and responsive. 45mm nut, which I prefer too. Doesn't cost too much to buy, but definitely recommend as an acoustic that punches above its weight as you say @TheMadMick ;;;;

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • tomjaxtomjax Frets: 72
    Also my first serious guitar over 30 years ago, and still with me and going strong. They've always had a great tone and playability. But watch out for the stained top rather than lacquered top versions. They scratch up and look a mess real quick (as I discovered the first time I lent mine to somebody who played with a HEAVY plectrum action). Personally, I've always loved the headstock shape. 45mm nut is always a real bonus for fingerpicking duty. 
  • Agree with other posts. Great guitar considering the price. I actually like the headstock as well..

Not sure what model mine is (original?) but had it fitted with a KK Pure Mini and use it at every gig..
  • Went to sample Seagulls at Promenade Music in Morecambe but they had none left. Must get off my butt quicker next time?

Thanks for all the feedback guys.
  • MellishMellish Frets: 945
    Went to sample Seagulls at Promenade Music in Morecambe but they had none left. Must get off my butt quicker next time?

Thanks for all the feedback guys.
    Whilst there, did you try the Rainsong guitars? I've long fancied one of them. They're unaffected by humidity/temperature :) 
  • It didn't even occur to me. I did try a L'Arrivée an d was well impressed but it's not cheap. With my level of skill, I can't really justify it but that doesn't stop me loving it.
  • Is this the model Kim Deal used to play into Marshall stacks?
    Is this the model Kim Deal used to play into Marshall stacks?
    What, Rainsong? They're a range of composite acoustics. They're not cheap but I've long wanted one to gig with an as a mate for my Martin :) 
  • I was in Promenade at weekend with my mate. They had about a dozen Rainsong guitars in there along with another few from Klos.
    Apparently they have people travel from all over to try out all the Rainsong models because very few places have as many different models in stock.
    I was in Promenade at weekend with my mate. They had about a dozen Rainsong guitars in there along with another few from Klos.
    Apparently they have people travel from all over to try out all the Rainsong models because very few places have as many different models in stock.
    Did you try any? I've got to get up there soon and check a few out. You can't get much idea listening to them on YouTube but people who've tried them usually have good things to say :) 
  • I tried one of the Klos travel guitars. It sounded as expected. Quite brash, but the selling point of these are portability/size.

I tried a Rainsong years ago and recall it sounding quite natural, especially for a carbon build. 

Of course there is a large price difference between the two. 

Given the available funds I'd quite happily take a Rainsong. 
    I tried one of the Klos travel guitars. It sounded as expected. Quite brash, but the selling point of these are portability/size.

I tried a Rainsong years ago and recall it sounding quite natural, especially for a carbon build. 

Of course there is a large price difference between the two. 

Given the available funds I'd quite happily take a Rainsong. 
    You've just made me even more desperate to get up there :) 
    Thanks for the info @CountryDave. Appreciated PM :) 
  • Well folks, went out to try a Seagull Coastline S6 and came home with a Larrivee. Couldn't turn it down, although I'd have preferred a cutaway, this OM was simply lovely. Bank balance took quite a hit though.
  • BigPaulieBigPaulie Frets: 1036
    Sometimes the banks have just got to take one for the team.

Nice AGAS, by the way
  • Thanx.
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3611
    Well folks, went out to try a Seagull Coastline S6 and came home with a Larrivee. Couldn't turn it down, although I'd have preferred a cutaway, this OM was simply lovely. Bank balance took quite a hit though.

Pictures or it never happened :)

Congrats!
    Well done mate. Enjoy your new baby :)