[SOLVED] Problems with Helix Native

HertsfieldHertsfield Frets: 8
edited November 2021 in Studio & Recording

Hi all

I am hoping that one of the many Helix or DAW experts on this forum can help solve my problem. I have Helix Native installed on my PC (Intel i7, 12 GB RAM, running Windows 10), using Cakewalk as my DAW. I also have Reaper installed but am experiencing the same issue with that too.

Until very recently Helix Native has been working fine but is now not loading, instead coming up with 2 dialogue boxes:

"Failed to connect to DSP engine - device has not been initialized properly [code 8210]"; and

"Failed to get favourite names - service is not online [code 8207]"

Closing the central dialogue box ("falied to get favourite names...) enables access to "My Account" and whilst "sign in" pulls up the sign in dialogue, it is not possible to make any entries in either username or password boxes. Hitting "Manage my account" links in to my Line 6 account (with appropriate sign in credentials already completed).

I also have Helix Edit, for use with my Stomp, which loads without any problems. The only change that I have made recently is to install Amplitude 5 but I cannot see why that should affect things with Helix Native.

So far I have tried:

1.     Uninstalling (including the %appdata% files) and reinstalling Helix Native;

2.     De-authorising and re- authorising my PC in my Line 6 account;

3.     Opening DAW and Helix Native whilst offline to pull up sign in details;

4.     Disabling my anti-virus in case Helix was being blocked;

5.     Reinstalling MS Visual C++ 2013 (as suggested by Line 6 CS team)

Nothing on the above list has made a blind bit of difference.

I am in contact with the Line 6 customer support team who have made some of the suggestions above, and have spent some time using the might of Google to try to find a solution, but so far nothing works.

I am hoping that one of TFB’s helpful experts can shed some light on this and hopefully show me the route to a solution! In the meantime, if Line 6 themselves do find a solution, I will post it here in case others have the same issue.

Many thanks in advance for any help that anyone can provide!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1524
    edited November 2021
    You don't say if this started happening completely out of nowhere or following some change you made to something.  If you did change something then that's clearly the place to start looking. 

The only generic stability problem I can recall with Native was a few years ago now when a flaw in the updating process failed to clean up the residue of the version being replaced properly.  The result being it would crash the DAW.  The fix for that was uninstall, delete all the installed native files then reinstall.  However the behaviour you're describing doesn't sound like it has the same symptoms but as you don't mention deleting the files before the reinstall it might be worth a try if you've tried everything else.   
    “He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher
  • Hi Siremoon and thank you for responding. Also apologies if I was not clear with my original post. This issue did start out of the blue and the only changes that I made that could potentially have an impact (although I do not understand why) have been to install Amplitude 5 and a whole raft of additional IK Multimedia software to take advantage of their recent mega sale. I am not aware of any conflict between these VSTs - or at least none that I have seen reported. Previously Helix Native would load with no issues.

This issue is not crashing the DAW, but simply not allowing Helix Native to be loaded (with the error messages above). I took a screenshot but could not insert it in my post. I have uninstalled Helix Native (twice now) using the uninstall facility within the program) and deleted everything in the relevant %appdata% file, then reinstalled afresh, but this has no effect. This was a possible solution suggested by the Line 6 customer services team. It seems to me to be some sort of authorisation issue, but through the error message box I can access "manage my account" which just links straight to my Line 6 account on line (which shows both Helix Native and PC properly authorised). I have also redone the Line 6 Licence Manager process.

I get the same issue using Reaper, Ableton Live and I even tried a VST loader yesterday, with exactly the same result.

Helix Edit (as retested yesterday evening) in the meantime works perefectly fine.

I am at a complete loss and the Line 6 customer services team is not coming up with a soluition as yet - hence my reach out to the experts on this forum.....
  • NOW SOLVED.

In case anyone else has the same issue, I went through the de-authorising/reauthorising PC; and unistalling/deleting %appdata%/reinstalling process again. This time it worked - the only difference to previous attempts being to delete the entire Native folder from Roaming rather than just all contents.

Whatever the weird mechanism, this has worked for me. Hopefully this will help someone else with the same issue....
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9713
    edited November 2021
    I had to do similar recently with Cubase, three or four uninstalls and reinstalls, deleting of app data, changing the folder name etc, pain in the ass. I don't know what set it off but I'm also on Windows so possibly could be something in that
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic