drum machine with bass drum only

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7284
    A laptop with reaper is seriously a very easy solution for this.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6786
    A laptop with reaper is seriously a very easy solution for this.
    One of the many smart phone based drum machine apps even easier. You could even use a Bluetooth adaptor at the mixer end to avoid any on stage cabling.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • BenSirAmosBenSirAmos Frets: 410
    Really, learning new software and taking a laptop to gigs is not the kind of 'simple' I had in mind. 

I've yet to find a smart phone app that can generate a decent sound simply. I'm sure it's possible but not simple enough for me. The 'mixer end' doesn't exist - it's just me and an amp sitting next to me. Me fiddling with my phone between numbers isn't going to present the kind of performance I want. 

The roland one kick seems closest at the moment - but even that is overkill and more expensive than I was hoping for and I'm still not sure I like the sound. 

I think I'll just find a decent restraint and stick with a live drummer for now.
  • erky32erky32 Frets: 49

The roland one kick seems closest at the moment - but even that is overkill and more expensive than I was hoping for and I'm still not sure I like the sound. 

Its a bit pricey I agree, but I've found it unique. Thats afteryears & £s of trying SDRUM, TRIO, KORG, Beatbuddys, BOSS looper drums,etc etc ....I always go back to the Roland OneKick, it works - but you've gotta keep that foot going throughout!  - it would have been nice if, at that price level, they could have included a simple looper & storage!
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5363
    You've probably considered this and it might not be suitable, but what about those little blocks you tap with your foot that then send a 'kicks to the PA?

Obviously it means you have to tap out your rhythm live whilst playing/singing, which may not be ideal, but they're quite effective.

e.g.  https://www.logjam.net/product/logjam-travelog-2/
  • BenSirAmosBenSirAmos Frets: 410
    Snags said:
    You've probably considered this and it might not be suitable, but what about those little blocks you tap with your foot that then send a 'kicks to the PA?

Obviously it means you have to tap out your rhythm live whilst playing/singing, which may not be ideal, but they're quite effective.

e.g.  https://www.logjam.net/product/logjam-travelog-2/
    If this was to work for me, I need to find a way of reducing the 'travel' - like putting something under my heel, too. Otherwise I just can't keep it up for a song, especially standing - balancing on the other foot for a whole song isn't ideal. Live, I play standing up so it means I can't use other pedals - and I make short but regular use of a vocal harmoniser. So this isn't really going to work. 

And I don't have a pa - just an amp. While it's good (AER) , I've come to realise that it is very sensitive to the sounds I put through it - which is really limiting my choices in terms of getting a useable drum sound. I'm stuck with the conga player for now. 
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5363
    The foot thingies don't have travel, they're solid and turn the percussive sound of your foot hitting the block into a kind of kick sound. I may not have linked to the best example because I don't know what they're actually called, but have a friend who uses one. 

However, if you don't have a free foot to tap in time throughout the song, they're NBG anyway :)