Quite pleased with this review

What's Hot
Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10357
From Fridays gig at Factory Live  in Worthing, lovely review from Scene Sussex  and some great photos.

https://scenesussex.uk/kate-bush-ka-wows-worthing/?fbclid=IwAR30bJW9TM81bx9OTXrGcE_-YTNtrVoT8THmCGCTMe4QSIEHWYK4qSD73Q8

Lovely venue and soundman was very helpful in solving some tech issues 
www.2020studios.co.uk 
0reaction image LOL 11reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1526
    Congrats Mate. Love Kate Bush. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3755
    Congrats. Surely a Kate Bush tribute band should be called 'Kate's Bush' though?
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Great stuff. It seems the reviewer actually listened to you all. That photo of you is fantastic mate - you look like a proper guitar legend :)
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• sev112sev112 Frets: 2739
    Red suits you @Danny1969 ;) 

seriously, looks great, have to find out when you are near Reading
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2419
    It’s hard to imagine a more enthusiastic review. Congrats to all of you!
  • Nice one congratulations 
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4947
    Congrats Danny.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10357
    Thanks boys.

It's been so good to be on the road with this project after countless setbacks due to covid and personnel changes. I've learnt a lot and got to see some great venues in cities I would never normally get to gig in. Roll on February when we start up again.   
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Any plans to play in Birmingham it West Mids area? I'd definitely be interested if you do.

Good work
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • CaseOfAceCaseOfAce Frets: 1307
    I'm intrigued how you approach the guitar parts in a Kate Bush tribute band...
    given that for much of her recorded output, the guitar is way down in the mix - with synths, fairlights and piano etc... dominating?
    (although there is THAT lovely guitar solo in Wuthering Heights).

This is one project where a guitar synthesiser would make a lot of sense perhaps?

From what little I heard of David Rhodes online from the 2014 residency he did some lovely stuff with delays and what have you - it's such a shame that the material is only available on vinyl.

...she's got Dickie Davies eyes...
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10357
    CaseOfAce said:
    I'm intrigued how you approach the guitar parts in a Kate Bush tribute band...
    given that for much of her recorded output, the guitar is way down in the mix - with synths, fairlights and piano etc... dominating?
    (although there is THAT lovely guitar solo in Wuthering Heights).

This is one project where a guitar synthesiser would make a lot of sense perhaps?

From what little I heard of David Rhodes online from the 2014 residency he did some lovely stuff with delays and what have you - it's such a shame that the material is only available on vinyl.

Well the band is drums, bass, guitar, main keyboard player and Katy but me and the bass player also play keys. So on some songs like The man with the child in his eyes, Cloudbursting  and oh England my lionheart all three of us will be playing keys. A few songs have quite well defined guitar parts ... for example, James & The cold gun, Symphony in blue, Them Heavy people. Those type of songs  I will copy the exact parts.

Sometimes I'm just adding atmospheric swells using harmonics and bends with delays, other times I'm beefing songs up heavier than the record was to add impact. Although I think it's important to stay faithful to the recording to a certain degree I know some subtle things don't translate well to live sound. You have to exaggerate the chord movement on songs like Running up that Hill and Hounds of Love etc. 

For guitar I use a Pod Go direct into the house PA, for keys I use Mainstage 3 running from a Macbook Pro with another Macbook Pro as a backup also direct into PA. No amps onstage at all. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• Nice review.  I might bob along to Bury or Holmfirth.
  • Brill - well done!

I'll be bringing the Mrs along to Bury St Edmonds as we are both massive fans of the music!

Si
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31369
    Great review!
  • Congratulations. Great to have a review like that.

It's not a competition.
  • SpringywheelSpringywheel Frets: 941
    edited December 2021
    Congrats. Would love to see this; the girlfriend’s a huge Kate bush fan too....any plans to visit Reading or Bristol?