Tim V3

What's Hot
smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 664
edited December 2021 in FX
Just seen this on Facebook - looks legit.

Also, looks very, very nice!

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6683
    The nerds won't be happy abut not being able to feed it 18v. Even if it's getting 18v internally. TGP is 90% populated with people talking about feeding things 18v. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • His pedals always look so ugly.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • For those with experience, how does the loop work? Is it pre or post overdrive?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jellybellyjellybelly Frets: 753
    edited December 2021
    Also should say, my Timmy is possibly my favourite, most used pedal. Really keen on trying one of these. 
  • Is my Tim no longer worth 10 gold bars?!  ;)
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
  • MrSwanson said:
    Is my Tim no longer worth 10 gold bars?! 
    When these are ready can I have first refusal on any old Tims please? 

Otherwise I'll buy one of these, despite that awful font.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17589
    tFB Trader
    Any idea if these are going to be available in sensible quantities at a sensible price?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11860
    If it's like his Timmy, you get it through only a handful of shops in the US.  Humbucker Music from the States is where I got my Timmy V2.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Any idea if these are going to be available in sensible quantities at a sensible price?
    You have to be invited to the two year wait list, and you can only make payment if your time comes up when there’s a full moon present, else your lose your place and go to the back of the queue. 
    Or you can join the plebs and buy the lowly MXR version. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • keirkeir Frets: 137
    They were always quite reasonably priced. Think a Timmy was $129 and Tim was about $159
    Good deals with: handsomerick, majorscale, gassage, sticker, smudge_lad, anglian, edinfield99, thewiddler, thomfripp, notonlybutalso, JDE, chebellanga
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975 said:
    The nerds won't be happy abut not being able to feed it 18v. Even if it's getting 18v internally. TGP is 90% populated with people talking about feeding things 18v. 
    I have a Pettyjohn Predrive which can take up to 32v. I power it with a 30v replacement charger for a Bosch cordless vacuum. The cleans are some of the cleanest I’ve encountered.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6683
    soma1975 said:
    I have a Pettyjohn Predrive which can take up to 32v. I power it with a 30v replacement charger for a Bosch cordless vacuum. The cleans are some of the cleanest I’ve encountered.
    Yeah that's the sort of thing. As long as the vacuum has magic diodes. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3528
    keir said:
    They were always quite reasonably priced. Think a Timmy was $129 and Tim was about $159
    Yep. Bought a V2 Timmy direct from Paul around 2010/11. Cost me $130 and he waived shipping. 
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2349
    I think maybe you have the choice of one or the other there, but not both! As @keir rightly says, they were always very reasonably priced (at least for such a hyped pedal that was handmade in the USA by the person who designed it)- that was the problem. Demand almost always massively outstripped supply, and to Paul Cochrane's credit, he refused to cash in and double his prices. However, that had the unintended consequence of causing a massive waiting list (and presumably that didn't stop other people cashing in when they sold theirs on!).

I seem to remember paying around £100 when I got mine- and shipping etc. was probably a fair bit of that price.
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3971
    soma1975 said:
    I'd have thought that would be a bit of a tone suck
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2349
    ^ Well played :D 

Actually now I think of it, I'm not sure if the price of the Timmy necessarily leads to massive waiting lists... there are other much more expensive pedals I can think of which also have massive waiting lists :D