FXexpo 2022

What's Hot
EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
https://www.fxexpo.co.uk/

The previous ones have passed me by but a date for the diary in 2022.

Stourbridge has train and bus stations. And roads. And a Costa and Tesco. 

And Diamond Bottle Neck slides. 
Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Oh wow, if I can convince the family it's a good idea to have a Sunday without me, that sounds like a great plan. There's a decent pub/venue in Stourbridge too called the Claptrap, I think.
  • Yes Claptrap and the River Rooms and Katie Fitzgeralds. Surprisingly good musical history of course - Diamond Head, The Wonder Stuff, were Robert Plant went to college, Neds Atomic Dustbin. Although in fairness there aren’t lots of 1990s minor league pop stars just sitting in Coffee #1 waiting to be recognised. 
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6683
    And PWEI/Clint Mansell.
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    https://www.guitarpedalx.com/news/exactly-one-month-until-alex-millars-fx-expo-takes-place-at-the-bonded-warehouse-in-stourbridge-on-june-19th

Quite a lot of info there. 

I probably can’t make it in the end :anguished: but looks good. It’s a ‘silent’ event for those who don’t like the widdling at guitar shows. 
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Did anyone make it to this?
  • RedlesterRedlester Frets: 1072
    Does Stourbridge still have a Waitrose? 

Redlester said:
    Does Stourbridge still have a Waitrose? 

Small Waitrose last time I was there.
  • JoeTele and I went. We popped in the Tesco. Bought some apples, rolls and a drink. Had a lovely time.

The FxExpo was really enjoyable too. Hope it happens next year.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Yes, nice big Tesco. 

Ahh, I feel a bit sad I didn't get there in the end. Pedal Experiments was supposed to be filming some stuff so I'll look out for that. 
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 949
    edited June 2022
    JoeTele and I went. We popped in the Tesco. Bought some apples, rolls and a drink. Had a lovely time.

The FxExpo was really enjoyable too. Hope it happens next year.
    Yep, was a classic Tesco. 

Um, yeah, the Expo was brilliant, actually - busy but not so stuffed that you had to wait in a massive queue to try pedals. Some great stuff from Holy Island Audio and Vein Tap, and Emmergy FX had some weird and wonderful things. I've got a Vein Tap Angel of Doom fuzz on the way in the post, and bought a preowned pedal from Emmergy that had an issue with one of the controls, but he's offered to build me a brand new one as an apology. Top chap. 

Also picked up a nice 4x12 cab from @Slimbert - was a pleasure to finally meet him. 

It was really well organised and an absolute bargain price of admission. Would definitely go back. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Well elaborated, I agree with all of that. Thanks again for driving Joe.
    Also good to meet @Slimbert !
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    On this basis I might pop along to Stourbridge in 2023, to make a thorough inspection of the  supermarkets, and pop into the pedal show while I'm at it.  
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9699
    Redlester said:
    On this basis I might pop along to Stourbridge in 2023, to make a thorough inspection of the  supermarkets, and pop into the pedal show while I'm at it.  
    There's also the "thecolourbox blue plaque tour" commemorating the golden years of 2003-05 where I would spend my 6th form lunch hours prowling the various lunch purveyors - the French Delicatessen (loved the irony of that name, there sadly was not a German Boulangerie), Carol's Fish Bar, Rimsky's and of course the excellent 3 Cooks Bakery 
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    Redlester said:
    There's also the "thecolourbox blue plaque tour" commemorating the golden years of 2003-05 where I would spend my 6th form lunch hours prowling the various lunch purveyors - the French Delicatessen (loved the irony of that name, there sadly was not a German Boulangerie), Carol's Fish Bar, Rimsky's and of course the excellent 3 Cooks Bakery 
    @thecolourbox Are you the tour guide? As long as I get a voucher for a free pint of mild at the end, I'm in. 

Stourbridge is probably the last place in the UK I could reliably predict I could buy mild. 
    https://youtu.be/alc1BxE7qvs

Very long video. But time stamped if there’s a particular maker you are interested in. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    ^^^ that man has been to my house! 

What’s interesting about that video in one way is that at a guitar show (well, of sorts) it’s obviously possible to still have conversations at a normal level all day.