Any Stigg Les Paul replica owners out there?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Rockhard said:
    I've only seen one stigg a few years ago it was at the kempton guitar show, i think it was being punted out by Gary winterflood,  I think I heard prices were around £20k which is nuts, not that I buy anything so it doesn't matter.

Looked like a nice lp that's all I remember.
    Must've been fitted with 50s PAFs and harware .

Personally don't think so
    I do, I bought mine after Kempton and was told £5k with repro hardware or much more with original pafs etc. I can imagine all the parts for a burst being £15k easily. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @jimmyguitar £5k!?! I assume that was many years ago? they sell for more than that used.
  • PaulButt said:
    @jimmyguitar £5k!?! I assume that was many years ago? they sell for more than that used.
    It was about 4 years ago, amazing guitar but GAS struck for something else! 
  • @jimmyguitar that couldn't have been brand new! They started at 9k to the best of my knowledge. Gary is currently selling a used burst for £9k. There's also a 'good condition' one on Reverb for £7k. Are you sure it was a Stig?
  • PaulButt said:
    @jimmyguitar that couldn't have been brand new! They started at 9k to the best of my knowledge. Gary is currently selling a used burst for £9k. There's also a 'good condition' one on Reverb for £7k. Are you sure it was a Stig?
    It belonged to Eliot, Gary’s partner in guitar avenue so it was second hand really. It had Montys pafs and all repro parts. 

• 0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @jimmyguitar ahhh gotcha. This guy paid £13500 for a new Stigg.

£5k makes sense as a used guitar although even that would've been a very very good deal.

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2749
    Maybe a daft question but these well known makers seem to be linked to Les Pauls - do they make SGs or Strats?
  • @John_P yes. A guy on here had a Stig 335 and I believe he made strats too. Ive never seen a strat by Stig but I've seen reference to them.
  • 13k is ridiculous for a replica. Conversions are similar money. I bought a replica last year from one of the best builders in the US for the same price as a used R9 and it’s better than any modern Gibson. Theirs loads of builders out there now who are making great guitars with and without the logo. 

• @designerseye88 i agree 13k seems heavy. But then, in fairness, you can pay that for a brand new Gibson thats not completely handmade or made using the exact spec materials. I guess its all subjective. I only ever buy used anyway. I never buy from shops either.
  • rainer2859rainer2859 Frets: 302

Still have this stunner, it’s as good as Jimmy said, and has one of the nicest figured BRW boards I’ve seen.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7827
    So, these are good fakes?

i bought a second hand Chinese LP copy.  Couldn’t give it away.  Well, that’s not true, I did give it away in the end. 

Went via me to a friend, and on to some young lad as his first guitar.  Was pretty well sorted by the time it left my hands. Better than my first electric. 

M. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1835
    Philly_Q said:
    PaulButt said:
    @fretfinder I thought that too. But Gary Winterflood, who commissioned these guitars, calls them 'Stigg'. Obviously the top gear guy is Stig with one G though. So who knows?
    The extra "G" stands for Gary
    So if his name was Barry Winterflood the guitar would be a "Stigb"?
    Not a 'major' dealer then.
  • WyzardWyzard Frets: 55
    Depends what you think "major" means - over the last thirty years Winterflood has sold more original Bursts than most of the other well-known vintage UK dealers put together. 

The fact that he doesn't sell much ordinary stuff, or have a physical store these days, is something of an irrelevance. Look him up on the Les Paul Forum if you have a moment: there's even a specific "Gary Winterflood" thread on there.

And yes, I have a few Stigg guitars myself - I sold almost all of my vintage US stuff a decade ago when I got my first couple of Stiggs. Mine have been mostly S-types, but I've got/had some single cuts and other styles too.
  • CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2040
    Philly_Q said:
    PaulButt said:
    @fretfinder I thought that too. But Gary Winterflood, who commissioned these guitars, calls them 'Stigg'. Obviously the top gear guy is Stig with one G though. So who knows?
    The extra "G" stands for Gary
    So if his name was Barry Winterflood the guitar would be a "Stigb"?
    Not a 'major' dealer then.
    Not only would I say he is a major dealer, he is definitely one of the more reliable and honest