NGD It's a Tele but it isn't!

What's Hot
DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5458
edited January 2022 in Guitar
Haven't bought a new guitar in years so treated myself to this beauty.

One for the purists! 
Charvel Pro Mod So Cal Style 2.

So many highlights.
The roasted maple neck is a pure joy. Feels like a modern C shape, with a 12"-16" compound radius board.
The fully carved body front and back just feels so good! The recessed upward pointing jack socket is a brilliant design feature too, the whole body is so well thought out.
The Fishman Fluence pickups are great. They can be voiced as vintage PAFs or modern Hi Gain, and are also coil tapped via the tone pot for single coil Tele(ish) tones.
Reverse headstock! I love a reverse headstock! Locking tuners too.

Well chuffed.

Now the initial niggles.

I keep hitting the volume knob and turning the volume down. The taper on the volume doesn't seem right either, I'm not getting any signal until the knob is nearly half way round. It's probably just the noise gate settings on my Spark amp though, I'll investigate that another time.
I don't hear much difference between the vintage and modern tones in humbucker mode. The coil taps work a treat though. Again, maybe it's my Spark amp that's not showing the tonal difference.

Overall though this is a bloody fantastic guitar. My first Charvel and my first roasted maple neck. The hype was real!
0reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments