Double keyboard stand?

What's Hot
Any recommendations for a fairly lightweight double keyboard stand? 

At the moment I've one of these things? 

But it's a tad heavy at 6.6kg and it's weight capacity of 30kg + 15kg is a bit overkill for my nord electro hp  (11kg) + microkorg (2kg). Plus the upper tier is a bit wide for the microkorg (unless you angle them inwards, then it's not very stable).

Suggestions?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• StratavariousStratavarious Frets: 3662
    edited February 2022
    Not sure you could do much better.

Any of the lighter ones with a perforated disc and a spring loaded pin to set angle are naff.   I had one fail and drop my 88 key master keyboard on the floor wrecking the PSU. Lots of  OEM versions of them. Also the feet and parts are held with allen keys that loosen and strip.

The type with the serrated aluminium crowns which mesh together are what I use currently.

You are carrying the weight of security.   The Hercules one I am looking at next is 11kg! 

• @Stratavarious ; perhaps you're right about the weight. It's actually not that bad. The bit I'm more worried about now is the upper arms being too wide apart to securely hold the microkorg - it did fall off last night and I'm worried about it knackering something on the lower keyboard. But I've looked around and I really don't see many different designs.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33782
    Have a look for Ultimate Apex stands.
    They are a better design and support two keyboards of any size.

More expensive though but they fold down to almost nothing.
  • StratavariousStratavarious Frets: 3662
    edited February 2022
    @Stratavarious ;; perhaps you're right about the weight. It's actually not that bad. The bit I'm more worried about now is the upper arms being too wide apart to securely hold the microkorg - it did fall off last night and I'm worried about it knackering something on the lower keyboard. But I've looked around and I really don't see many different designs.
    I’d make a platform..  strip of black sprayed plywood. Could hold notes (or beers) at end
  • Whole heartedly recommend Gravity stands. 
  • horsehorse Frets: 1568
    I'd regard the gap between the upper tier arms as a good reason to buy something larger than the microkorg to fit better
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • horse said:
    I'd regard the gap between the upper tier arms as a good reason to buy something larger than the microkorg to fit better
    Correct answer. A Korg Prologue 16 be ideal.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • horse said:
    That’s got to be the best reason for buying new gear I’ve ever heard! I’m gonna go buy a new guitar as the old one doesn’t fit the case I’ve got
  • horsehorse Frets: 1568
    horse said:
    That’s got to be the best reason for buying new gear I’ve ever heard! I’m gonna go buy a new guitar as the old one doesn’t fit the case I’ve got
    Happy to have helped.

On a slightly more serious note, what I use when I have a smaller keyboard on the upper tier is an old 80s quiklok where the upper arms can be angled diagonally inwards, and that's stable enough with my Uno synth pro which I guess weighs more than a microkorg. It's so old I can't even find an image of one using Google image search though, so probably not much use!

When taking 2 full size keyboards out I've been using one of these for the last few years and it's been ok. Quite convenient how it's all in one and v quick to set up and collapse down:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hercules-KS210B-KS110B2-Keyboard-Stand/dp/B00724YCCY/ref=mp_s_a_1_9?crid=1FF7FSY5VV3ZY&keywords=hercules+keyboard+stand&qid=1644657019&sprefix=hercules+keyboard,aps,83&sr=8-9