SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

ALL SOLD 2021 Gibson SG Standard

What's Hot
CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2061
edited March 2022 in Guitars £
* Price Drop

£800 plus postage for the 2021 SG Standard
or £1000 to include the Throbak pafs with it

R9 Sold now adding this 2021 SG Standard less than a year old and great condition but for a superficial ding on the headstock (see pics)

Comes in soft shell Gibson case can post at buyers risk.

£950   £800

And should you want to include these Throbak pafs I have listed in £parts I will offer a good deal for someone to buy with the SG

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/224043/fs-throbak-pafs-er-custom-mxv-300-posted#latest

This is a stunning R9 with a superfast neck and amazing ThroBack paf Pickups installed. It's an absolute pleasure to play and I can hand on heart say the new owner will not be disappointed with this one.

Update: I have sourced a set of Gibson Custom Burstbuckers from a 2011 R9 and these can now be included in the sale.

Further Update: Burst Buckers now installed and Throbaks no longer part of this sale.
Summary of Spec:

Model: Les Paul R9 1959
Color: Washed Cherry Burst
Top: Maple
Body:
 Mahogony
Neck Shape: '59
Neck: Solid Mahogony
Fretboard: Rosewood
Frets: 22
Inlays: Blocks
Fretboard Radius: 12"
Pickups: 2011 Gibson Burst Buckers
Tuners: Kluson
Weight: 9.5lbs

£3500 Posted at buyers risk
£3625  to include Custom Burst Buckers (to be clear this means the Throbak pickups will be in the guitar and Custom BBs will be included separately for the new owner to fit if they so wish)

Adding a second guitar here for a mate

Very cool guitar this, a seventies Gibson reissue of the 50s Les Paul Special and all the P-90 magic is present with this one. Not your typical seventies Gibson, no volute on this and it's all original too. Its in overall very good condition just some buckle rash and a small hole on the back from an extra strap button added at some point now removed.
Although pretty rare, there are 2 of these for sale just now one at ATB for £3500 (a very clean one at that) and one in Italy for a little more.

Weight: 8.4lbs

The Case
Guitar comes in a very cool case which once housed a black Gibson Les Paul for 80s Glasgow band The Slide. As you can see from the pics, the case itself is steeped in it's own history and a very cool piece in it's own right.

Trade wise he is looking for a Gibson ES 335/345/355 but will consider other Gibson/Fender guitars modern or vintage. 

Or £2500 cash

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I can testify as the previous owner of this guitar, that it's a proper beauty
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2061
    Thanks @JohnnyBGid82 ; :)
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8216
    Stunning. GLWTS.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • brooombrooom Frets: 1178
    edited February 2022
    I have the exact same guitar... 2007 R9 with NOS wire throbaks and even the quarter sawn mahogany back. But mine is well under 9lbs. Here it is with it's CR8 friend from the same year.

Cool guitar, good luck with the sale

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks @Hattigol @brooom ;

Thats a stunner @brooom ;
    Bump
    Bump with a price drop to £3500 plus postage which I think is a great price for a genuinely amazing R9 in the current market.

Will now consider trades/px on this but only Gibson/Fender USA guitars… shallow I know!!
    Bump with a second guitar added
  • Stunning guitars all round in this thread! Sorry to derail (although free bumps are always nice), but could either of you guys comment on the difference between the Custombuckers vs Throbaks? I've been considering trying this out in my R9, wondering what your thoughts on how it changed/improved the tone. Cheers and GLWTS!!
    @ryanverbena ;

I don't have an amp at home (I play through my apollo x8p/laptop) but our guitarist had a quick blast of the R9 in practice the other night and I have to say they sounded awesome. I got this R9 with the Throbaks already installed so can't really give you a before/after comparison on this particular guitar however I have had the following (amongst others) in the past and can honestly say you wouldn't be disappointed with the Throbaks

Early Pat No. (1962 335)
    Tim Shaws
    Whizz PAFs
    Later 60s Pat No
    Custombuckers (in other guitars R8,R9) 

It is a rabbit hole with lots of options out there though, if you had been local I would offered you the opportunity to try mine out. Next practice I could maybe do a video clip for you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • brooombrooom Frets: 1178
    I like custombuckers, they seem to have some zing and clarity to them which I like.

I have to say however the throbaks do not dissappoint. Lots of clarity and a healthy amount of lower end mid push. I hate the word, but they are "fatter" sounding than custombuckers.

Great for rock tones. There's really no right or wrong answers. Different pickups work for different tastes.
    bump
    Bump with cash option added on the special. 
    Another bump for 2 sweet Les Pauls 
    And bump again
    Bump 
    Bump with price drop on the special and additional option of Gibson Custom Shop Burstbuckers with the R9. 
    Had a request for the weight on the Special via dm so op updated.

8.4lbs
    Bump 

R9 now has burst buckers installed Throbaks available separately

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/224043/fs-throbak-pafs-er-custom-mxv-300-posted#latest

And op updated with pics of the R9 as it is now

R9 now sold and added a 2021 SG Standard
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom